Which Hellcat?

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Nick L., Jun 16, 2006.

1. Nick L.

Nick L. New Member

Hey everyone,
    I am looking for a paper model of an F6F Hellcat to keep me from being bored this summer. I was looking at this page:
    http://papermodels.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=20_28&sort=5a&page=3
    and there are two Hellcats: the PMI model and the Halinski model. I have seen the builds of the Halinski F6F and it looks very nice, but it seems quite daunting with all of those parts.
    Which of these Hellcats would you recommend?

Sincerely,
    Nick
  2. Nick L.

Nick L. New Member

Hey everyone,
    I am looking for a paper model of an F6F Hellcat to keep me from being bored this summer. I was looking at this page:
    http://papermodels.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=20_28&sort=5a&page=3
    and there are two Hellcats: the PMI model and the Halinski model. I have seen the builds of the Halinski F6F and it looks very nice, but it seems quite daunting with all of those parts.
    Which of these Hellcats would you recommend?

Sincerely,
    Nick
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

This is a personal choice but I love Halinski's precision, while the PMI model is very nice looking, a couple dollars cheaper and it comes with a clear canopy.
    The money savings and canopy push me towards the PMI model.
    But again, if you love precision...Oh hell, I can't make up my mind either!
    Get them both!
  4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

This is a personal choice but I love Halinski's precision, while the PMI model is very nice looking, a couple dollars cheaper and it comes with a clear canopy.
    The money savings and canopy push me towards the PMI model.
    But again, if you love precision...Oh hell, I can't make up my mind either!
    Get them both!
  5. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

another choice is DR Zharkov's hellcat duo, availble at his site as a download. He has 2 a plain f6f and an f6fn? I think. They have 2 levels of detail, with separate control surfaces, and moving/foldable wings or just a plain one piece wing, a medium leveled interior and landing gear wheel wells and details. I can't remember the address but it might be in our links section. I believe it is in between the halinski and the pmi.
  6. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

another choice is DR Zharkov's hellcat duo, availble at his site as a download. He has 2 a plain f6f and an f6fn? I think. They have 2 levels of detail, with separate control surfaces, and moving/foldable wings or just a plain one piece wing, a medium leveled interior and landing gear wheel wells and details. I can't remember the address but it might be in our links section. I believe it is in between the halinski and the pmi.
  7. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

8. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

9. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Halinski Hellcat

You can find yourself a copy of the Halinski model for $8.45 at www.papermodelstore. com
    Shortcut to the model http://www.papermodelstore.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=17&products_id=2063

The owner, Krys, has a very good collection of Halinski models divided into two categories; Halinski models and out of date Halinski models.
    The Hellcat falls in the regular category, not out of date.
    He packages all boxes very well to prevent damage and the shipping charges are actual postal rates.
    He also mails daily. I have never waited for a model for more than four days. (Well, I always use priority mail)
    I have spent more than $1,000 shopping with him and he has never failed to please.
    Also, he just added the laser cut nuts from Draf Model for only .99 cents a card.
    If you get one or anything really, tell him Russell sent you.
    Sometimes when I order he throws in a freebie from Maty Modelarz.

Russell

Attached Files:

10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Halinski Hellcat

You can find yourself a copy of the Halinski model for $8.45 at www.papermodelstore. com
    Shortcut to the model http://www.papermodelstore.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=17&products_id=2063

The owner, Krys, has a very good collection of Halinski models divided into two categories; Halinski models and out of date Halinski models.
    The Hellcat falls in the regular category, not out of date.
    He packages all boxes very well to prevent damage and the shipping charges are actual postal rates.
    He also mails daily. I have never waited for a model for more than four days. (Well, I always use priority mail)
    I have spent more than $1,000 shopping with him and he has never failed to please.
    Also, he just added the laser cut nuts from Draf Model for only .99 cents a card.
    If you get one or anything really, tell him Russell sent you.
    Sometimes when I order he throws in a freebie from Maty Modelarz.

Russell