Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Elsewhere

Votes: 22 15.9%
  • No Layout

Votes: 14 10.1%

• Total voters

Mountain Man

Jan 19, 2007
It's going into the solarium in place of a defunct hottub left behind by the last folks. If I'm sneaaky enough, I might eventually take over the whole thing, 30-some-odd feet long! :cool:

roch

Jan 1, 2008
Denver, CO
Trainnut, I love your layouts that are under glass. That is just way too cool. :thumb:
I was going to move my layout out of the basement after the plumbing prob. I had it in the kitchen to do a little work and clean it up.
Grease from cooking does not agree with layouts. wall1

I am still working on cleaning up and remodeling the basement so that I can have a much nicer area to work in. I would like to redo the floor, walls and cieling. Lack of money right now is going to limit that to just clearing things out and painting.

What I really need is a few grand to play around with and do it right. The way I see it though is that as long as I have something to work with I am happy. :mrgreen:

Roch

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Well, my layout is in my basement and exactly under where I am sitting right now, just to the right of the basement stairs. To the left is the storage shelves and the worktable (which is not reserved for this one hobby, I repair my transformers down there, too:twisted:) I'll post pics later

myltlpny

Feb 18, 2007
Gloucester, VA
www.homesiteinc.com
I wish I had a basement. Basements here tend to end up as swimming pools. Too much clay in the soil. Anyhow, my layout is in my bonus room which I've kinda taken over as the "man cave". TV, bar, workbench, Dartboard, air hockey, and most of all trains. Currently my layout is about 11 x 12, but I'm thinking of a small extension, at least on one side. I like having the layout close by in a climate controlled room. I have zero problems with my track, and it really is nice when I have a couple of spare minutes to just go up there, turn on the TV or the stereo, and kick back with the trains. Sometimes, like today, all I had time to do was paint one small section of a structure I'm working on, but it just helps me to relax.

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
I wish I had a basement too!! Houses in South Africa arn't built with them, or attics for that matter!

I have decided though that in the future when I'm able to get a house built for me that I will include a basement in the design.