Where's all our builders?????

belg

Since it's Halloween maybe we can go to Robin's house under the pretense of Trick or treat and sneak in.

Shaygetz I never meant to discount your projects but being an electrician I'm looking for something outside of the Norm. Like that's a problem around here!:D :D

shaygetz

Originally posted by belg
...outside of the Norm.

We are most definately outside of the norm here. Getting ready for GATS in December has reduced me to the less glamorous aspects of track laying and wiring. Those two projects were a light weight respite from the deadline. Will try to come up with a building project that'll twist your gourd soon enough:p

mhdishere

mhdishere, I understand you can't rush into perfection I hope your not been to ambitous in shooting for 2007!

Perfection has not been a problem so far! Since I've been doing most of my scratch-building from balsa using white glue, I seem to spend a lot of time waiting for glue to dry. Plus finding time during the week is hard, and if we're busy on the weekend, well, you know how it is.

Seriously though, I'm really enjoying this project and I'm real happy with the way it's coming out. I'm looking forward to finishing it to the point where I can post pictures. I'm not about to do a Robin and post in-progress pictures, my progress sometimes ain't pretty!

belg

my work

Well it seems like there are quite a few people out there building that don't have access to a camera and that makes me:( . I love to see work in progress as that helps me figure out how it's being built. I know the guy that asks for this thread namely me hasn't posted anything he's built in a while either. Well here is my loading dock for my latest structure. The junk and cargo still needs to be added but you know the rest.

Attachments

• pict0001.jpg
    pict0001.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 68

shaygetz

Great work Belg but it seems we share the same problem. We can weather out rolling stock and buildings to look like rain washed, sun parched beauties but leave our prize lokies spotless like they just come outta the paint shop:eek: ;) :p

belg

This one actually did just come out of the box for the first time. I don't think I will bring myself to weather it for quite a while.

belg

txcavgr , it would seem that your second project will be

ALOT harder then the first .The
progres on No 1 is very nice keep the photos coming.

txcavgr

That's why I started with this one!! :D :D :D

The curved part of the station is easy - I found a round plastic tub 35' in diameter, perfect size - for the front curved part! So I am going to laminate the siding to that (if anyone wants to know, its a binder clip container from Staples!, medium size). It is going to save me a lot of frustration I think!

I will keep you posted!