Where the money is $$$$

L

lester perry

Coal gentlemen coal. With the C&O that is what it is all about.

100_0337.jpg

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
hi lester---long time coming but well worth the wait---beautiful shot---thanks for posting

L

lester perry

railohio said:
But then you have all that non-revenue equipment stuck along the back...
If you mean the pigs they are revenue but not C&Os big $$$$. At one time they were the worlds largest soft coal (the correct term I can't remember right now) shipper in the world.
Yes Josh it is a 2-6-6-6 Allegheny, there are 2 of them on my pike. You also see a 2-6-6-2 and a 0-4-0. And the H8 is the one that crashed into a caboose in my other post about operations in General Talk. i hope to be more regular again with posts but don't count on it as I am still working a lot of hours now. (Not a complaint )
Les

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
Yes Josh it is a 2-6-6-6 Allegheny, there are 2 of them on my pike. You also see a 2-6-6-2 and a 0-4-0. And the H8 is the one that crashed into a caboose in my other post about operations in General Talk. i hope to be more regular again with posts but don't count on it as I am still working a lot of hours now. (Not a complaint )
Les

cool,where did you get the 2-6-6-6,im in the runnin for one and wanted to find a good one..below the others ive seen f 400+ bucks.but those 2-6-6-6 algheny's are sweeeeet.--josh