Where have I been you ask?

kf4jqd

Hi Everyone:

Since I've moved to Tennessee in 2005, I have been very busy. This past March, I worked with the company for a new union contract. We settled without a strike and everything is fine. Well....maybe!

I am also a board member for the Little River Railroad Museum in Townsend, TN. It's right outside the Great Smoky National Park. I am helping to restore an 80 year old L&N caboose. When I am not at work or if it's not too hot. I am there repairing it. The coupla was ripped off in the late 1980's because it was falling apart. Our main goal is to rebuild a new one. The interior is also in dyer need of repair. One side note: I am looking for any caboose signal lights and interior lighting for this project.

One last thing we are working on. Finally making the grounds presentable. Bauchmann has made a G scale shay that we actually have sitting on the grounds! I am not on this commity but I proposed a G scale layout on the grounds. They loved the idea. I can't wait to get stated on this project!

If you have anything you would like to donate to the museum, please feel free to contact me. They do have a web site. We are located right off TN HWY 321 in Townsend, Tennessee. We are about 30 minutes from Dollywood and less to the National Park.

As for my personal modeling? Due to the cost of everything going up. Model trains has taken a back seat for awhile. But I am still there with the trains in heart and mind!

Andy

Attachments

• frontcaboosethegauge.jpg
    frontcaboosethegauge.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 64

kf4jqd

Hi Russ:
We haven't gotten that far yet! Tuesday night we have a board meeting to determine if we like the ground blueprints and the track layout! I'll keep you informed.

Andy

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Hey andy. It is good to hear from you. Was wondering where or if anything had happened to you. Good to hear things are good.

cidchase

Hi Andy:wave:
Coincidentally, we visited your Museum about three weeks ago! The old photograph collection is fascinating, and love the Shay! Keep up the good work!!:mrgreen::mrgreen: