Where can I get Styrene Sheets

wickman

Dec 8, 2005
Ontario canada
I get mine at pretty well any lumber store it comes in different sizes right upto 4x8 sheets oh yes and I'm in Ontario kinda North of you up in Sault Ste. Marie . If we can get it here you can get it any where :wave:

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
I get mine from Wal Mart and other major discount stores, it's the signage they use. Most of it is styrene, 2-3 different thicknesses and it works like a champ. You can scribe it to look like wood and it's usually free for the asking.

Attachments

• door1a.jpg
    door1a.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 188
  • p1a.JPG
    p1a.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 189

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Check the Yellow Pages under "Plastic Suppliers": there should be some in Sudbury (I had to check a map to find out where Coniston is:eek:ops: ) You can buy a 4'x8' sheet for less than $30.00. The first sheet that I bought was .040", but I find the .060" is much more useful, especially for larger structures. It's thick enough that you can edge-glue narrow strips to the interior of structures as bracing, which is much cheaper than buying .100" or .125" strip for the same purpose. I use lacquer thinner as a cheap and very effective solvent-type cement. And don't let the size of the sheet put you off, as far as transporting it goes: the dealer will roll it up and tape it, so that it'll fit in the trunk or backseat of a car.

Wayne