Where can I get one?

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Hi All,

I recently purchased a Minolta digital Z1 camera. I purchased it at Walmart and went back today for the AC adopter and they did'nt have any. I was wondering if maybe Radio Shack would sell them or maybe someone would know where I could purchase one. Thanks for any replies.

Ron

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Ron, IMHO I wouldn't bother with the adaptor. I'd spend the money on an extra set of NiMH batteries. They last for days of use on a charge. They also have no "memory" so you can throw them back on the charger early without hurting them. If I plan to do a lot of indoor shooting, I just swap the batteries with a fresh set. I thought I wnated an adaptor too, until I found how well it performs on batteries. What I do find I use all the time indoors, is my quick shoe tripod. It sure simplifies taking the cam off the pod and running baclk to the PC with it.

Hope you're enjoying your new toy!

jon-monon said:
Ron, IMHO I wouldn't bother with the adaptor. I'd spend the money on an extra set of NiMH batteries. They last for days of use on a charge. They also have no "memory" so you can throw them back on the charger early without hurting them. If I plan to do a lot of indoor shooting, I just swap the batteries with a fresh set. I thought I wnated an adaptor too, until I found how well it performs on batteries. What I do find I use all the time indoors, is my quick shoe tripod. It sure simplifies taking the cam off the pod and running baclk to the PC with it.

Hope you're enjoying your new toy!

I'll second this suggestion. I found a second battery for my Cannon (Amazon, I think) for about $10. Now I've always got a "fresh" battery and don't have to carry, or mess with, an adapter. :thumb:

Of course you could probably find an adapter at Amazon also.

Have fun!

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your quick response. Jon I was just reading the manual and trying to follow there instructions. If just using the Nimh batteries works great I'm very happy with that to say the least. Needless to say I can buy a lot of rechargeable batteries for the price of the adopter. They run forty five to fifty dollars. I bought two sets with the new camera and will pick up two more sets today as I'm going to Walmart anyway. I also picked up a mini tripod and it works great taking pictures of the layout. I also found what looks like a mini packpack for the camera and it holds the camera,tripod and extra batteries plus the charger and instruction book. Its quite compact and I really like it as everything is in one place. One more thing I would like to ask is the card that came with the camera ran out taking twenty pictures. Is that normal? About how many pictures will the 256 MB memory card take? I been playing with it everyday and it takes beautiful pictures and I am very happy with it. The son and daughter will be here in two weeks so then I will start downloading pictures on the computer. There both a lot computer smart then this old possum is so it will be a good learning experience for me. Thanks again its sure wonderful to be a part of this forum where folks are so very helpfull and friendly.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :) :wave:

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Yer Welcome, Ron!

Ya, the manual says to use the power pack when you are transferring, but I have not once had a problem with the battery going flat during transfer, even with a full 256 MB card and a battery that was in several days. I would not cut and paste pics from camera to the computer though, just to be safe. Copy and paste, then once they are transferred and intact, go into the camera (via computer) and delete them. After thousands of shots, I did have one transfer to PC bad, for unknown reasons. I copied it over a second time and all was OK. So it's best to leave on the camera, until you verify they are good, if it's a critical image.

I think around 20 pics is about it for hte small card when shooting at high resolution. The 256 MB card holds over 100 pics at the highest resolution and highest quality setting. There is a guide in the book that says what it will hold, but I just leave it at the highest setting all the time. I keep the smaller card that came with the cam in the bag. The idea is if I run out of room on the 256, I'll plug in the smaller card and consider myself on reserve. If I'm on vacation, I'll reduce resolution at that time. I plan a 2nd 256 MB card before I go on vacation for 3 weeks, and hope I will have a enough room.

jon

F

Fred_M

If not Jon, a lot of those printing machines at the durgstores and walmarts allow you to burn you a cd while you wait for about $7 I think. It's exspensive, but when your on vacation it's cheaper than a mem card or disposable camera. I have done it back when a 256 SD cost more than desktop. Fred

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
I have been using one set of rechargeable nickel metal hydride batteries since I got my camera. Never needed an adapter as these batteries hold a charge for a long time. When needed I put them into a recharger for a few hours then I am good to go for a long time again. I got these at a camera store

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Hi Jon,

Boy thats a great price to say the least. Thats at least hafe what I paid at our Walmart store. I'll check the the phone book as Billings Montana or Rapid City South Dakota would be the closes towns that would have a Staples store. If they have one I'll give them a call to check out the price you gave me. At that price I would pick up a hand full and check out there hobby shop. Thanks for the info Jon.

Ron :thumb: :wave: