where can i find this??

joesho

the revel "weekly Herald",do any of you have this or know where to find it?? also the other building is "two story western union office by model power. any help would be appreciated,thanks

joesho

just searched revels site,im guesing the weekly herald kit out is out of production,but does anyone know were i can get one??

doctorwayne

If I recall correctly, Revell had the Weekly Herald, Superior Bakery, and a two stall engine house all based on the same kit, so, unless it absolutely has to be the Weekly Herald version, you could look for any of the three. I wanted the engine house, and would have settled for the bakery, but the LHS had only the Weekly Herald. It was on my first layout, then got put in a box when I moved, and eventually ended up in the scrap box, in pieces. I never really liked the modernised front on it, so when I began to build the stockyards in Lowbanks, I decided to put the old parts back together, but with a re-done front.
100_5783.JPG

100_5744.JPG

Wayne

Squidbait

Recovering ALCO-holic
Keep an eye on Ebay, they turn up there from time to time. There's always the local train show/flea markets.

IHC was doing the engine house ,but it seems to be out of production too.

joesho

ok so i understand its pretty much the same kit,that looks very nice docter wayne. are there still quite a few around?? i also dont like the modern front,i also planning on doing something like yours,youve inspired me.:D

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
When I had the Superior Bakery, it was done by AHM. Didn't know Revell had it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Heljan is selling it now.

Squidbait

Recovering ALCO-holic
No, but you're at the point where beggars can't be choosers... unless you can find an old kit for sale somewhere, you're either going to have to settle for a different manufacturer's kit or scratchbuild your own.

doctorwayne

Ironhead said:
I love that stock yard, DW. Scratchbuilt?

Thanks, Ironhead. Your guess is correct: I scratchbuilt it from strip styrene. It's a composite of several different prototypes featured, over the years, in various magazine articles. The shed roof is Campbell corrugated siding over .060" sheet styrene.
Here's a view from the opposite end:
100_5742.JPG

And another from the opposite side, with the camera sitting on the layout facing the aisle. The structures visible behind the water tower and sheds are in another town across the aisle; that brown strip below them is the layout facia. The wooden "clouds" in the centre of the backdrop are to support a second level of the layout.
100_5782.JPG

Wayne

Ironhead

Thanks for the extra photos, DW. You may have inspired me to build one for my N scale. I like the fact that it can be located on a passing siding, without needing it's own spur, although you have one there. Excellent work, weathering, the whole 9 yards.:thumb:

doctorwayne

Ironhead said:
Thanks for the extra photos, DW. You may have inspired me to build one for my N scale. I like the fact that it can be located on a passing siding, without needing it's own spur, although you have one there. Excellent work, weathering, the whole 9 yards.:thumb:

The big one with the auction building generates a fair amount of traffic, so it was better on a siding. The one below is right on the mainline, although the line itself is a branch, so traffic is neither fast nor heavy.
100_55181.JPG

Here's a better view, from Barney Secord's Crop Dusting and Aerial Photography outfit:
100_5773.JPG

Eventually, there may be another, similar to this one, built in another town, and I'd like to do a couple that consist of just the ramp, with no holding pen. These latter type were very common, as many farmers shipped or received only a couple of head at a time. This type were also usually built right on the mainline.

Wayne

Wayne, you should make a little "flying" airplane for Barney Secord's Crop Dusting and Aerial Photography Outfit...sign1 that would be funny!

Nice pics all around!

Good luck finding one, joesho.

I could look for one on ebay for you and buy it if you pay me for it. I'll pay shipping if you agree to that.