When The Chase Is over

brakie

What do we do when the chase is over and we have more stuff then we can use?

In my IPD boxcar quest I gain 199 short line boxcars.To me it was thrill of the chase in finding short line boxcars now thanks to Athearn these are more habit then a true chase.

Now I feel I don't really need any more HO equipment because I have more then enough to fit my HO club needs several times over still I will not pass up the forth coming Athearn RTR SW1500s or any odd name short line boxcar as I find them.
So for me the chase is over.

However,when one chase ends a new one begins.
My new chase will be building up my N Scale freight car fleet for club use.

How do you stand in your chase?

doctorwayne

I keep renewing my chase: as my skills improve (and that may not be for much longer :rolleyes:), I cull my cars and replace them with more accurate ones, or those more appropriate to my chosen era. I also rebuild cars that I have, even ones that have already been "rebuilt". I had quite a few rebuilt cars that I sold because the paint schemes (all custom painted and lettered) were too modern for my late-'30s operating era. I replaced them with similar cars, in most cases, but with older style lettering. I just recently purchased a half dozen Train Miniature ARA boxcars (to go with another 8 or 10 still waiting to be built/rebuilt) - and now, for the first time have a backlog of about 30 kits waiting to be built or rebuilt. Of course, right now I'm busy rebuilding locomotives, both for myself and my friend cn nutbar, so that chase goes on. Perhaps I'll finally get the will to sell off the balance of my diesels and '50s era cars, then get back to working on the layout. I already have more than enough stuff, so something will have to go. ;):-D

Wayne

shaygetz

My chase ended about a year and a half ago. I realized that being a home church pastor and dreams of a large layout don't mix very well, one or the other had to go. So I had a massive Ebay thing and pared it all down to the essentials---with 50+ locos and 175+ cars, I still need a little work:eek:ops:---they're all hand tweeked beasties that I just couldn't give up.

There's a piece or two I'd like to get still;

---Arnold N scale GG1
---Con-Cor N scale U 50
---PFM/United HOn3 Mich-Cal #2 shay
---Olympic HO scale 4-8-8-8-4 Triplex

...but they're old timer's toys, I'll find them soon enough.

jbaakko

My chase changes about every 3 months. I went from 5 Dash 9's to 30, then switched to Custom Rail autoracks, I now have 50+. I went after intermodal stuff, I got 4 A-line gunderson twinstacks, some Walthers cars, some A-line 48' single unit stacks, walthers F89F's... Then I went on to vehicles, bought a bunch more from Wal*mart last night, and 25+ trailers on eBay.

I'd say its not a chase, but rather binge buying, lol.

Next up, track & some more layout stuff. Hopefully my wife will have it in her good graces to buy me some for our anniversary, after all I got her Padre's jacket & GPS direction thingy.