when a rail is lose

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
yes it was a big mess it took the three weeks to get the three locos back to the yard tow out of the three was back on the rail running 4 months later and the other was back on the rail and running 18 months later and they have the same road numbers

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
just bimps and bruses the loco that has it's cab damaged was the 2nd loco faceing backwards this was a dead head train returning empty coal cars their wea over 150 of them i myself worked for norfolk and southern i was on a west bound train about 3 miles down the track on a siding waiting for this one to pass but it never did...

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Looks like Jon's gandydancers really have been slacking.

Musta been real scary when the engineer realised it was going over!!:eek: :eek: :eek: It's enough to make one take up drinking. I guess it took a total strip-down on the one that took 18 months to get back into operation.

Errol

PennRailRoads

Apr 4, 2002
Pennsylvania
<bangs head on wall> Damn, I said NorthFolk instead of saying Norfolk! :rolleyes:

I'd hate to be the one that went into the river, by the looks of it I'd say he'd freeze his ( | ) off! Why didn't they inspect the tracks? I thought they had to do that every week or so to maintain the tracks.