What's your dream job?

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by AdamN, May 2, 2005.

1. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

full time paper model designer.
  2. ekuth

ekuth Guest

Lizzie-

I've just penned my first fantasy based book (started as a short story and... er... grew a bit). Any tips on the publication path? Feel free to PM me. :)
  3. ekuth

ekuth Guest

Lizzie-

I've just penned my first fantasy based book (started as a short story and... er... grew a bit). Any tips on the publication path? Feel free to PM me. :)
  4. hasse neren

hasse neren New Member

:grin: Ha Ha, KJ5ME767, tell my when, and i will guide you to where they are hiding.:rofl:
    Merry Christmas to you Hasse from Swedén.
  5. hasse neren

hasse neren New Member

:grin: Ha Ha, KJ5ME767, tell my when, and i will guide you to where they are hiding.:rofl:
    Merry Christmas to you Hasse from Swedén.
  6. Plastic Bonsai

Plastic Bonsai Member

I don't know the film - possibly done in the mid 80's. The Biggles film perhaps? It was originally a Salmson SA2.
  7. Plastic Bonsai

Plastic Bonsai Member

I don't know the film - possibly done in the mid 80's. The Biggles film perhaps? It was originally a Salmson SA2.
  8. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Thanks!

I was just wondering, (Love old air-craft).

Merry Christmas!
  9. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Thanks!

I was just wondering, (Love old air-craft).

Merry Christmas!
  10. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

11. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

12. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

I understand that things get published by serendipitously meeting up with an editor or agent who loves the idea. To do increase the chance of serendipity I'm planning on attending science-fiction conventions next summer. I'm going to enter my models in the convention art shows and also polish up my elevator speech (a synopsis of book idea in one sentence). My models so far have been great conversation starters for pitching my book.
    Have you considered modeling things from your story?
    I make my models small enough to fit easily in the hand. This tempts people to play with them and get involved with them tactilely.
  13. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

I understand that things get published by serendipitously meeting up with an editor or agent who loves the idea. To do increase the chance of serendipity I'm planning on attending science-fiction conventions next summer. I'm going to enter my models in the convention art shows and also polish up my elevator speech (a synopsis of book idea in one sentence). My models so far have been great conversation starters for pitching my book.
    I make my models small enough to fit easily in the hand. This tempts people to play with them and get involved with them tactilely.
  14. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

15. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

16. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

17. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

18. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

19. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

20. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member