What's Up with Dash 10?

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
In our daily lives, there is always change. we sometimes forget that in here - on the net - is only a very small part of our entire lives. We are only normally in here a few hours out of any day.

With that said, The gauge is also changing..... 3-1/2 years ago, there was but a handful of people in here - and we could not help, but form friendships... We learned to respect each other & care about each other & critique each other's work. :) Now - we have over 1400 regular visitors. Most are newbies both to modeling & to The gauge. Some are "new" to computers in general.... This has manifested itself into extra work, for all the Mods... We volunteer our time to make the Gauge run better & smoother for all members.

You will notice I routinly praise & thank the Moderators for their well done work.. I'm very sincere in this, all the Mods know, that when I give "Pats on the back" they are Not just tossed around like small change...

Well, We came to another "head" last week, we found out that Shamus, was leaving for good, after "watching over" & helping me, for the past 6 months, since I took The Admin position... Fred (Dash10) decided that he could no longer do the Moderator's job to the best of his ability.. Further - since the Gauge has evolved so much, it has changed into something that he did not sign up for, when he joined over a year ago after lurking for many months....

The solution that he came up with (although I don't agree) was to leave.. with a promise, that if things change - (I'm guessing both here & at home) he would be back....

So, there ya have it.... Things change - people come & go.... Nothing more.... :( He will be missed.....

vanda32547

Jun 4, 2002
Miami Florida
www.geocities.com
Thanks for your service to the gauge Fred you will be missed. And thanks to all who volunteer to keep the gauge up and running so smoothly... I for one appreciate being able to bounce ideas off of other modelers and really get some great ideas from them.

Regards,

Iron Goat

Apr 9, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
Sorry to see you are leaving the GAUGE, Fred.... you will be greatly missed. Thanks for all your service to this forum, and the helpful input you so freely gave.

God bless...
Bob :(

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Well, this is sad news indeed. Fred's contributions to the Gauge were a big part of what it was, and his hard work and dedication will be greatly missed.

Fred, I wish you all the best in whatever you do, and I hope that any difficulties you may have will be sorted out as soon as possible.

Happy trails to you my friend,

Val

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
I, too, was bewildered when I read Fred's short notice and couldn't make out what it really meant.

Now Mikey made it a lot clearer. Well, I can understand Fred somehow - you take on a new task, which suddenly starts to grow and grow, getting out of bounds. And suddenly you can't take it any longer. Then it's time to quit.

Well, Fred, I can understand you, but I deeply regret that you decided to go. I appreciated your work, and I loved your style. And, of course, I admired your modeling as well - got lots of useful tips from you. And then I was always on the lookout what 'your family' on the layout was doing next...

I'm sure we'll meet elsewhere on the net, and perhaps you even join the ranks of the 'normal' contributors from time to time. It would be fine to hear from you on this website, too. Thanks for all your work for us Gaugers!

Happy railroading,

Ron

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
:wave: This was a big shock to me as Fred and I have formed a great friendship. It seems we are losing all the old greats from this forum but I am sure it is for a good reason. Fred has contributed a lot for us older modlers as well as the new ones and his humor has brought many a smiles this way. God bless my friend and I am sure we will continue to keep in contact. May great success follow you where ever you travel. Your friend always :thumb: Jim