Whats in a Name

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
My real name is Jade Wilson.

People that know me know that I'm looney and basically do mad things (such as play truth or dare and choosing a dare to jump in a pool in the middle of winter, when I was younger anyway). I'm also funny- to them anyway.

I had lots of other names before such as:

Jadie
Jadeo (A computer racing name playing on the border of rodeo)
Jadie-boy (Ahh yes, the bad old schooldays)
Including a whole bunch of wierd ones from my fiance- which I don't wanna repeat.

I never had a nic that I liked so I called myself MadHatter- since I think that that fits me the best, needless to say everyone agrees!

I don't use my real name because I don't want people confusing me with a lady- as most people always ask me, why you got a girls name?

It's nice to know that there is at least one Gauge member that stays close by- why jimmybeersa himself!

By the way, very interesting stories in this thread clears up a whole bunch o' questions.

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
name

Madhatter Jade, you'll get used to it. My first name is Marlyn. Everybody sees an i before the l and say Marilyn. I'm old and hit the doctors offices very frequently. When they call Marilyn and I stand up, it is hilarious the look on their faces. I hated my name when I was young. Now I wouldn't trade it for anything. Too much fun.

Shortened to
Lynn

Go Big1

Dec 29, 2006
NW Suburbs of Chicago
I posted in the other name thread, but what the hey!

Go Big1 is a play on my last name, which is Goebig. When I got my first car at 16, I ordered vanity plates with "GOEBIG1". So when joining internet sites, I drop the E and add a space to create some anonymity, and mystery about what "Go Big1" means.

Also, the name Goebig is very rare. If you ever meet someone with my last name, I can just about guarantee that they are somehow related to me. For example about 8 years ago one of my brothers got in contact with a girl that shared our name. She was living in St. Louis teaching german class at a community college, but she was born and raised in Germany. The two of them traced back to the point that they figured out that her great great great grandfather and our great great grandfather were brothers. Her great great great grandfather stayed in Germany, and my great great grandfather moved to America.

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
Go Big1- as they say "Das ist gud" (spelling?) (That is good)- hehe.

Ja, the history of families are also quite interesting.

On my Father's side:
Mother= Dutch
Father= English

On my mother's side:
Mother= German
Father= Danish

I can only speak English and Afrikaans (Afrikaans originally came from Dutch).

But I want to learn German and Latin too. (as in Rome/Caesar, etc.)