Whats 3D on an RC helicopter?

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by weallknowfranco, Jun 22, 2007.

1. weallknowfranco

weallknowfranco New Member

what does it mean to have a 3D helicopter? how does it help me?
  2. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

If I remember correctly, I believe that 3d stands for 3 dimensional in the respect of being able to use the pitch control mixed in with your throttle. Meaning you have more maneuverable control system but also for less experienced fliers more to think about before can use it. I know with my Walkera 22e I have 3d mode on my control but don't use to often when just buzzing around with 3d of then my pitch is purely controlled by my pitch dial and throttle only control the throttle. but in 3d my pitch and my throttle are combined allows for making some really wild moves. Also in order to use 3d must have 50% or more throttle or else will crash and due to the normal flight mode only after you hit 50% can you even lift off. this may help you out. If you check out the Walkera site and download the 22e manual it describes the differences. It may explain better than I am.
  3. Dancooper

Dancooper Member

Actually, flying "3D" is flying extreme aerobatics. I don't do that myself, I fly "scale", meaning flying like a real heli does.
    Unlike rc helicopters, normal real helicopters can't perform 3D because they do not have a negative pitch.
  4. Dancooper

Dancooper Member

Actually, flying "3D" is flying extreme aerobatics. I don't do that myself, I fly "scale", meaning flying like a real heli does.
    Unlike rc helicopters, normal real helicopters can't perform 3D because they do not have a negative pitch.