What would you do…

jasbourre

About 4 weeks ago I was about to bid on a CP train set, (I was not trying to hard to win this auction, my max bid was only $10.01)

a4_1.JPG

I contacted the seller and ask if I won this auction, would you ship using my Purolator account from work.(It’s the Canadian version of UPS) anyway the seller agreed, and I won the action for $5.01 US. Yahoo.
The following day he sends me a congratulations you won this auction, and send me the Purolator info. I send him the info … 3 weeks later nothing. (By the way I sent about 3 emails asking where my train set was. He emails me back and says sorry out of town I will ship with Purolator this afternoon … 3 days later he emails me back and said I was not home when Purolator came, I will ship the train set at my expense by xpress post.
2 days later (this morning) the train set arrives. (It’s about freeken time).

Sorry about the long winded story, but my question is…

Should I offer to pay for the shipping?

Thanks

CCT70

Not after 3 weeks of waiting.

I had a seller jerk me around on a DVD purchase and it became apparent by his feedback after my transaction that he was buying the things somewhere after people won them from him and if he couldn't get them, you were SOL. So, I reported him to e-Bay and his account got yanked, apparently I was the last straw. I gave him one chance (he claimed he shipped it) but after 4 weeks and he promised that first time to reship another and I never got it after 4 weeks, I turned him in. I give sellers one chance after taking over 2 weeks, and if I get a bunk answer, I file a report with E-bay and leave negative feedback.

May be harsh, but if I pay good money for a product, I expect it within a reasonable time, just as they expect immediate payment. I view it as a 2 way street.

All is good - he delivered poorly on his initial promise and was willing to make up for it, somewhat anyway, with re-shipping at his own expense. You've got it at 1/2 the price you were willing to pay and the few weeks extra wait time is probably not worth the stress of it all. Poor water, not gas, as often as possible. :)

jasbourre

LoudMusic said:
Yeah, not a chance. It's the seller's fault.

Nice train set for $5! Does it work? :)

I set the train set up at work in the Board Room glass table and low and behold it runs great, its on EZ track so it was a little loud.

Must have had about 10 people come in a say thats cool.:thumb:

LoudMusic

Ha ha ha, coolness :)

Speaking of trains at work, does anyone here display their train related hobbies at work? I'm talking more than computer background. Do you have any art on the walls or models on your desk or anything? I could easily see a diorama or a locomotive on rails sitting on many of our desks.

CCT70

I do. I have several models on shelves along one wall and a WP 4-8-8-4 Big Boy (Monogram model David Epling did for me as a gag engine for my desk). sign1

Here's a crappy picture.

2006101322529_officetrains.jpg

You should see the layout out in the shop (not mine, belongs to my brother) :wave:

shaygetz

Stuff happens, do what you think best serves both of you...I remember selling some trains, receiving a timely payment, then finding the poor guy's box still under my desk 3 weeks later :eek:ops: . Felt so bad I sent a little extra along with it. Still got a glowing feedback out of it for the effort :D . Then there was the dude who stiffed me with a ratty looking power pack he said worked wall1 ...

Attachments

• jesse2.jpg
    jesse2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 68