What Scale and Gauge do you run?

fifer

Intresting

I think the stats here are very intresting and one of two things is happening .
N Scalers are taking over or
HO guys aren't responding.
Good to have so much variety though.
Mike

:eek: :wave: :thumb:

b28_82

dual

I run both N & HO. I run N because i don't have much area to work with and i run HO because i like it and thats what my club's layout is.

K.V.Div

N Gauge for NTrak and oNeTrak as well as my home layout and G Gauge for outdoor, as a result of the other half informing me that "I Will be Damned if you think you are going to spend the hot summer days in your nice cool basement working on your trains while I am sweating off pounds working outside in the yard, You Will Be Out There With Me!" (Fine Dear, I'll build a garden railroad:D )
G Gauge also works as a cool Christmas train:cool:

Terry

Tileguy

N scale for me
although a former HO er
I do own a G gauge GN caboose(couldnt resist :) )

Nice picture Dan, ya musta got the boxes emptied :D

Just a Plain Vanilla HO Scaler

I got going in HO back in 1965 and stayed in it for a few reasons.

1. The size and scale just "seem" right to me.
2. I can add as much detail as I like in HO.
3. I like to sratchbuild and parts-build and kit-bash. Plenty of neat "stuff" is available.
4. I enjoy handlaying track including building many of my own turnouts. I find it easy to do in HO scale.
5. I recently began to acquire some of those beautiful old wood and metal rolling stock kits from the 50'-70's. The things fascinate me. Some real history there!
6. I enjoy way freights, short passenger trains, and logging. To me short trains of mainly 40 ft. cars WITH a REAL caboose are not a limitation at all.
7. I like my HO scale spare parts box(es).
8. HO fits the space I have to work with well.

I've never been a snob about scale. I enjoy seeing fine work done in any scale and always seem to get something out of a visit to a layout in a scale other than mine. Maybe some day, I'd like to take a crack at Maine Two-Foot modeling in S scale.

Interesting poll.
--Stu--

Nscale4

Originally posted by jon-monon

That's what happened to the HO numbers:cry: :cry: :cry:

hehehe :D :D :D
And I didn't even vote! That's because there are too many options for the ol' dial up to handle.
:cry:

jon-monon

I hope everyone enjoyed the poll and watching the numbers unfold. I'm glad we are all scales here, because we sure do learn a lot from each other. Most of what we know applies to all scales.

HO numbers dropped since hte last poll:

http://www.the-gauge.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3259

And after "gentle prodding" in N, HO and O/S/G forums, the numbers went up a little in HO, but a lot in N. I think "O" doubled. The prodding posts themselves were intended to get people to vote if they hadn't already, and also to see how many people are reading the threads. At this moment:

http://www.the-gauge.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8388

has 223 reads (N)

http://www.the-gauge.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8387

has 170 reads (HO)

http://www.the-gauge.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8390

has 78 reads (O/S/G)

Of course, none of this is scientific, and none of it means one scale is better than the other, or that your scale isn't best for you. It's just fun to watch the numbers. The best scale for you is the one you are building, especially if it's HO/HOn30 cuz that the BEST SCALE!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Did I say that or just think it? :confused: :confused: :confused:

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
I agree....

Originally posted by Catt!
Hey not fair!!!!! I can only vote for one scale/gauge.

This thing is biased againest multiscalers.:mad: Geez,where's Dave H when you need him.
:D :D :D

We need a section for "Rubber Gaugers"!!!

Mostly On30, but I've still got lots of HO stuff, and now I've just started Hn42. (G scale gauge 1 track with 1/2" = 1' or 1:24 equipment.)

And I've got a nice little HO MDC Old-time coach that is just begging to be bashed into an HOn30 railbus...

A friend of mine lists himself as a 16.5mm gauger. So that's HO standard, Sn42, On30, Gn15..... Basically, any equipment that will run on regular HO track....

jon-monon

Re: I agree....

Originally posted by TinGoat

We need a section for "Rubber Gaugers"!!!

Mostly On30, but I've still got lots of HO stuff, and now I've just started Hn42. (G scale gauge 1 track with 1/2" = 1' or 1:24 equipment.)

And I've got a nice little HO MDC Old-time coach that is just begging to be bashed into an HOn30 railbus...

A friend of mine lists himself as a 16.5mm gauger. So that's HO standard, Sn42, On30, Gn15..... Basically, any equipment that will run on regular HO track....

You should go for "Mikey" scale, or if your not sure, you could always enter a vote under "catt" scale.

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
Re: Nothing But N

Originally posted by screwysquirrel I find it interesting that a plurality of respondants here are in N-scale. Perhaps the old statements about HO being more popular are out of date? [/B]

I think that the poll is flawed. The question should be "What is the Primary scale/gauge that you model."

Perhaps N-scalers are least likely to be Rubber-Gaugers?

Modelers who do mainly HO are also doing other stuff...

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
Re: Re: I agree....

Originally posted by jon-monon

You should go for "Mikey" scale, or if your not sure, you could always enter a vote under "catt" scale.

I thought that's what "Mixed scales and gauges (please post)" meant...

That's what I voted...

Okay then. What is it with this poll? Every time I try to vote, I just end up with a blank screen. I click on the "Previous" control, and my vote hasn't registered. Is it me?:cry:

jon-monon

I set it for 2 weeks, and I'll bet that time has expired. So perhaps hte thread is open but the poll is closed :confused: Mikey, can you add a week?