What Scale and Gauge do you run?

jon-monon

Been a while since I ran this poll, and decided we should run it again and see wha tthe numbers are. We'll go for 2 weeks for maximum participation. If you don't see one that fits, please don't vote yet, just ask Mikey to add it on. Then you can vote after it's updated.

I'm doing HO and HOn30. Like to add HOn18 one day.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Geeze Jon - I cant vote for more than 4 heheheh OH Wait, I found One I can choose!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :D :D :D :D

For the 2 members that don't know:

Mikey (N Gauger)

G, 1:22 G (Narrow), Standard, HO, N, And Z in a briefcase :)

DanRaitz

I model in two scales. My standard gauge modeling is done in HO, while my narrow gauge is done in Sn3

Dan

C

Catt

Hey not fair!!!!! I can only vote for one scale/gauge.

This thing is biased againest multiscalers.:mad: Geez,where's Dave H when you need him.

:D :D :D

I mainly model HO, but it is away in storage. :cry: So this summer I built a garden railroad with G. I was very proud, but Ididn't get it put away before winter so my retaining walls and trestle collapsed with the moisture. So durring the winter I have a small N scale layout that I can slide under my bed.

Freelancer

Nothing But N

Well, I model N-scale, but have Lionel (O-27) and HO (old Tyco) stuff in storage.

I find it interesting that a plurality of respondants here are in N-scale. Perhaps the old statements about HO being more popular are out of date?

jon-monon

Originally posted by Catt!
Hey not fair!!!!! I can only vote for one scale/gauge.

This thing is biased againest multiscalers.:mad: Geez,where's Dave H when you need him.

:D :D :D

OK Catt, Mikey has added a section just for you! :D :D :D

C

Catt

Gee, I must be the only multi-scaler on the Gauge.Wondered why I felt so alone at times.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Originally posted by Catt!
Gee, I must be the only multi-scaler on the Gauge.Wondered why I felt so alone at times.

Mikey (N Gauger)

G, 1:22 G (Narrow), Standard, HO, N, And Z in a briefcase

I guess you missed my earlier post LOL

zeeglen

Originally posted by N Gauger
G, 1:22 G (Narrow), Standard, HO, N, And Z in a briefcase :)

Wow! That's a lot of railroads.

Once did HO (no room now) and S (American Flyer) as a kid.
Z and N now - ZeegleN.

Ray Marinaccio

I have N and HO layouts, O and G gauge get set up on the floor on a temporary basis and the 7 1/2" gauge is at my brothers since he has track layed in his back yard.

Pooh Bah
I'm doing British OO scale (on HO track.) And Canadian HO sometimes. And my Christmas train is on 1" gauge, but I don't know the "scale".

Alan: I asked at our club, and we don't know anyone who is modelling British HO.

Hmm, wierd isn't it? The most widely supported scale in the world and yet in Britain, it has less of a following than cheese rolling!:rolleyes: (All brits on this forum would probably know about this). All because of OO scale modellers who have been following a compromised scale for so many years!
Ah well, time to buck the trend I reckon.:D

http://www.british-ho.com

RailRon

At the moment I am modeling H0 standard gauge and H0n3 narrow gauge. So I voted for 'More than one HO scale gauge'.

BUT:
I started with N scale in 1970. After I had to dismantle my layout I got bitten by the narrow gauge bug and went for H0n30, scratchbuilding and track handlaying with a Maine two-footer theme. Finally I made the change to H0n3.

Besides I joined a round-robin group of 0 scale modelers, which unfortunately fizzled out in the early '80s. I still have some 0 scale material around, among them some Rivarossi kits. One of these days :rolleyes: I'll start a project of a small 0-6-6-0T.

And there is still some G scale stuff somewhere in the attic from a round-the-tree train when my daughter was a small kid.

So my correct answer should be: G, 0, H0, H0n3, H0n30 and N. :eek: So Mikey, I'm also a hot candidate for the 'Too many scales and gauges' vote! :D :D :D

Ron

hey jon

you forgot about the pepole who gets to run the bigg boys a.k.a the real thing on your poll but as for me i would say i have ran almost all the scales and done a layout in them also but my fave would be n scale ( nothing worng with ho or any other ) i used the space i had for a n scale layout and it is twice as the size of my dads ho in the same size space but this summer i am getting a new poll bran put in witch would be 32x90 and i am going to move the layout i have in to it and start another ho scale one also but a good 16x90 would be used for two pair of bowling lanes from a local bowling center that is closing i got for a good deal and another 16x45 would be my rec room so that would leave 16 x 45 left for my new train room now i will have a place to hange that rc plane i got from my grandpa

brakie

I model in HO but,have some N scale as well as a On30 train set.
I guess if I had my druthers it would be O scale 2 rail..:thumb:
Now,more then once I have thought about changing to On30 and modeling a down on its knees and breathing its last short line set in the mid 20s in Southern Ohio or Eastern Ky.Motive power would be a 2nd hand 0-4-0,a 2-6-0(bought new in 1890) and 2
2-8-0s (bought new in 1890).Its sole purpose in life is to haul finish lumber,coal and hides to a rail trans-loading facility and would haul some freight in.Passenger service would be a combne tack onto the rear of the daily local.There would be 2 mine runs ran daily as well to and from the mines..:cool: :D

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
I have always been in HO scale, and HOn3. But recently, have added On30, and N, and will attempt some Nn3 (36"). Outside of model railroading, there's 1/72, 1/64, 1/700, 1/24, and one model built to 1/776.
Pete