what product you use for paths and walkways?

HOcircusman1983

what product type of power supply should i use?

Some of you might no im interested in getting my amusement park going. I need know know what type of power supply i should get. Need it to be a somewhat powerfull one. Needs to be about to support enough power to moterize my rides and such.

aslo is there some sort of power terminal i can run all to ride wires too and then just hook the terminal up to my remote/powersupply?

sorry for all my dumb questions, im a noob at this and have no electrical skills what so ever..

mark

i wouldnt know... i was going to use a mixture of black paint and rough cement... but I may be way off... was gonna try it on cardboard first of course

When I was younger, I've been to the Disneyland at Anaheim a couple times...

Main Street USA at Disneyland was particularly interesting-- The main concourse was paved asphalt, but with trolley tracks set into the pavement. Very neat.

Some of the other public areas have concrete walkpaths, and some plazas are lined with tile or mosaic, etc.

I've also been to Disneyland Tokyo later on during a working vacation. :D Man, that place is IMMACULATE. The lawns are all a uniform green, the pavement is always in very good repair (how the heck do they keep pavement from developing cracks?). The minute a bird poops on the pavement, a park attendent immediately cleans it off. Wow. Must cost a very pretty penny to run that park.

I guess this is one instance where you DON'T want things to look weathered and run-down! :cool:

Russ Bellinis

CMI instant roadbed which is a roll of uncured rubber makes nice asphalt in ho scale. Just paint on a layer of dull coat to seal it after you put it down.

There was a thread awhile back about using black thin foam sheets that are available at craft stores. They come in 1-ft squares, and are about a millimeter or two thick. This was suggested in the context of asphalt streets.

I got some of the sheets, but have not had the chance to try them out. The thread (try searching for it) had some pics of a nice installation, with an extra layer to represent raised sidewalks, and all. With a thin wash of paint and some crack details, it looked pretty good. But, as I said, I have not yet tried this myself.