what other hobbies you guys have

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Knighthawk said:
I've done some pretty hardcore investigations alright, insane asylums, hospitals, prisons, along with hotels, and private residences too. I actually have to go out again next week to a place here in town, and the interesting thing with this investigation, is that one of the paranormal events that routinely happens at this house is the guys model railroad will run by itself without any power. I've been present on several occasions when this has occurred. There is no rational explanation for this happening. I've called several electricians to check this out, and the two who were actually willing to come out,(at my expense), both witnessed this and could not explain it. The first guy thought it was rather cool. The second one couldn't get out of the house fast enough!
Hey! A spirit that's into model railroading can't be all bad. :D
Some of the other stuff you've messed with, however........ :eek:

Cannonball said:
Hey! A spirit that's into model railroading can't be all bad. :D
Some of the other stuff you've messed with, however........ :eek:

Yeah, you sometimes get cute cases like this. These are the ones I like to do best. The other stuff, well...its gotta be done, not only for scientific documentation, but for people's safety, and peace of mind. I certainly would prefer not to be tossed around like a rag doll, and I can do without people whistling the themes from "The Twilight Zone", and "The X-Files", behind my back when I walk by, but what can you do about it? It's ironic that the very people who laugh at what I do, never seem to take me up on any invitations to join me on an investigation. The minute you bring up the idea, it's always, "Well, I, uh, have something else to do then.":rolleyes: Riiight.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Nascar die-cast and memorabilia collecting.Over 700 cars in my collection.
Believe it or not...I have more Earnhardt Sr.(Started collecting him before the tragic accident), than Dale Jarrett.

kf4jqd

This question has been asked before on here, that's ok. We always get new mwmbwrs! I am also a Ham Radio Operator, KF4JQD is my callsign. I like to take pictures with my digital camera, especailly train pictures! I like to hike in the Smoky Mountains.

Andy

Seaboard

Knighthawk said:
Yeah, you sometimes get cute cases like this. These are the ones I like to do best. The other stuff, well...its gotta be done, not only for scientific documentation, but for people's safety, and peace of mind. I certainly would prefer not to be tossed around like a rag doll, and I can do without people whistling the themes from "The Twilight Zone", and "The X-Files", behind my back when I walk by, but what can you do about it? It's ironic that the very people who laugh at what I do, never seem to take me up on any invitations to join me on an investigation. The minute you bring up the idea, it's always, "Well, I, uh, have something else to do then.":rolleyes: Riiight.

People who don't have the nerve to go on something like that generally are the kind of people who think they can do anything and at the last minute say "Oh well you guys are boring" "this sucks" "I'm leavin" And you are absolutly right. I can't stand a person like that. And I'm just like Phhhh "more fun for me":D . Personally I like searching for the paranormal. It's really cool. Besides modeling trains. I would love to join a paranormal exhibition group. Exploring places is one of my favorite things to do. Urban Exploration and Paranormal.:thumb:

RobertInOntario

My other main hobby is hiking and similar outdoor pursuits. I really enjoy disappearing down a trail into the woods for 2-3 hours, exploring miles of trail. The positive thing about hiking is that it's not a costly hobby at all. It's also incredibly relaxing, provides a way to appreciate nature and has many health benefits.

Canoeing, camping, personal fitness and photography are other related interests.

Rob

RR Man said:
People who don't have the nerve to go on something like that generally are the kind of people who think they can do anything and at the last minute say "Oh well you guys are boring" "this sucks" "I'm leavin" And you are absolutly right. I can't stand a person like that. And I'm just like Phhhh "more fun for me":D . Personally I like searching for the paranormal. It's really cool. Besides modeling trains. I would love to join a paranormal exhibition group. Exploring places is one of my favorite things to do. Urban Exploration and Paranormal.:thumb:

Searching for the Paranormal is fun...sometimes though, it finds you. If you guys are interested, and if I can get this gentleman's permission, I'll keep you posted on my progress with his case.

65GASSER

Ah lets see. Nitro R/C cars, have a T-MAXX, S-MAXX, and a 1/8th buggy. Model trucks and cars. Diecast Diesel trucks,(Tonkin and DCP) and of course drag racing. I'm about to put the '65 Nova gasser project on the back burner and start on a '96 Camaro Pro Street effort. Or maybe pull the 57' Ford Pickup out of the feild and start on it. I dunno.... lots of winter left!

Seaboard

Knighthawk said:
Searching for the Paranormal is fun...sometimes though, it finds you. If you guys are interested, and if I can get this gentleman's permission, I'll keep you posted on my progress with his case.

Sure I like to here about the haunted places people have been to.:D

RR Man said:
Sure I like to here about the haunted places people have been to.:D

Okay, I'll call him tomorrow, and see what I can arrange. I'll have to promise that I'll keep his name and address confidential though. That's better for both of us, he remains anonymous, and it builds trust between myself, and those that I help.

nhguy

Cannonball said:
I also play bass guitar. My last band fell appart after only one show and I'm on an indefinate hiatus from music. I've given serious thought to selling off all my amps and cabs except my small practice combo since I'm so fustrated with music right now. I have about $5K worth of musical gear sitting around and I haven't touched any of it in almost 2 months.

DON"T DO IT!! I've already been down that road before. You'll regret it later when you realize 'what you had' is gone. Believe me.:curse: :curse: :curse: I sold off a Gibson Les Paul KM model and a Mesa Booge Simalclass amp w 4x12 cabinet, and a few other choice guitars. Of course my new gear is better is ways but I still miss the old gear and it cost me a bunch to get it. :jawdrop

soat204

Going along with Knighthawk, id have to say that there hasnt been any noticeable paranormal action going on near or in my town...but id love to here your story on this case. Will u start another thread on it?

soat204 said:
Going along with Knighthawk, id have to say that there hasnt been any noticeable paranormal action going on near or in my town...but id love to here your story on this case. Will u start another thread on it?

Good news! I have permission to post some of the details here! I'll post the case under the title "Ghost Train". I hope it ends as quietly as it began, as I don't need any more injuries!

JR&Son

I left a semi profitable hobby when I got out of building/repairing computers.
Still have enough equipment to build numerous projects, just no money to be made.
The stuff keeps well so its only taking up room and not really costing me much.
It is REALLY tough to compete with the Dell $299.99
Mostly now I tinker on my own stuff, barter a few pieces and fix stuff for free.

Ron

jeffrey-wimberl

My other hobby that I still practice is building and programming computers. I've built a lot of them, including the one I'm using now. It has a generic 6 bay case, 2 80 gig hard drives, a DVD ROM drive and a DVD burner. The mainboard is a Gigabyte Gold board with 7 expansion slots, 8 gigs of RAM and a 2 ghz AMD dual-core processor. For USB components, there are 16 USB ports, 8 are 1.1 and the other 8 are 2.0. There are 4 of each on the back and 4 of each on the front. And let's not forget the media center. This allows me front panel control of mics, speakers, volume/recording levels as well as another joystick connector. Power up time from turn-on to online is 48 seconds. I'm using Windows 98SE with IE6, SP1.

Another hobby, which I had to give up due to medical problems, was building cars (not models). I'm still driving my last one. A 94 Buick Century. The engine LOOKS stock but that's only to draw in the suckers. It's a sleeper and it's all tricked out inside, it's a 3.1 V6 bored over to a 3.3, has a high capacity fuel pump, oversize injectors (6 of them, each equal to a 2 barrel carb), performance cam, high lift lifters, steel alloy heads and pistons and an electrically driven turbo charger buried between the top of the block and the intake monifold. On a dynometer test it peaked 380 hp. My last race was three months ago when I blew away a 71 Super Bee with a 426. The guy thought he had an easy win and failed to take me seriously until I blew his doors off! I gave the Super Bee to a friend of mine. His son drives it to school now. I bet that guy will never judge a book by it's cover again.

nkp174

My hobbies vary quite a bit.

Railfanning & model railroading are my most enduring hobbies...since I was a toddler with an LGB set & a Nickel Plate Berk to chase.

I have a 2004 Fender American Deluxe Telecaster...maple neck...alder body...with aged cherry burst finish. I also have a 2004 Fender Am Delux HSS Strat...maple neck...alder body...sunburst finish. And a 1994 Fender MIM stratocaster upgraded with all gold/brass hardwar...Custom '54 pickups and TBX tone pots...sunburst finish. I play those through a Fender Twin Reverb and a Marshall 60 watt retro all-tube head with a Marshall 4x12 1960A cab. Then there's my 1964ish Gibson EB-2D semi-hollowbody bass guitar, my classical guitar, my 12 string, and my old amps. I rarely use pedals, but I have 2 crybaby wahs, an MXR-Phase 90, an MXR-Flanger, Boss Distortion, and a tubscreamer. I haven't really touched my guitars much for 6 months since some people at my church eliminated me and several other people from the band.

I also enjoy reading & studying history...currently I'm interested in early christianity through the crusades.

I play computer games some. Civilization 3 & Railroad Tycoon 3.

I'm waiting for the next Tom Clancy novel to come out...I've read pretty much everything he's written. I also like Robert Ludlum & Clive Cussler. I also love George Orwell & some scientific writtings...and colorado narrow gauges/NKP & C&O.

The biggest thing outside of my research & marriage would be Bible studies/church, but that's more of an overarching principal than a hobby....Vocation rather than occupation.

As well as a keen modeller, I'm also a Vanner. I have been a member of the National Street Van Association in the UK for the past five-and-a-bit years. I have been looking into doing some HO scale models of the vans I see on the show circuit, so it would be a good culmination of my two favourite pastimes!