what other hobbies you guys have

MadModeler

May 20, 2006
I collect lighting fixtures, glass insulators and other items. Wife doesn't mind as long as she's not tripping over it.

MadModeler

May 20, 2006
yellowlynn said:
I try to play golf, tho I haven't played in several years. I generally play military golf, left right left right left right. You get the idea.

Lynn

As in Hook, slice, hook slice?sign1

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
I do enjoy all manner of model building and miniatures, be they diecast or precision models such as R/C and large scale steam. I'd love to swat little white balls around the greens again but, I have a limited amount of time and money and so to avoid unnecessary longings or expenses, I've limited my hobbies to one --- model trains.

Black Arrow

Dec 27, 2006
Got more hobbies than any sane man has a right to:

Cycling. Big time last few years. Rode 2500 miles in '04, 2,100 miles in '05. Spent a lot of time in sick bay in summer of '06 but still managed 600 miles.

Sailing. Have owned 4 of them. Built two from bare glass hulls. Still have the last one.

Woodworking. See above. Made some furniture as well.

Shooting. Mostly shotguns, a little pistol and rifle.

Bird dogs. Have had 3 of them. Currently and English Setter

Travel. Road trips all over the US. Hawaii in '04, France in '06. Frist trip out of the country!

Tropical fish. Have one tank. 18 fish. Been at it of & on since I was in grade school in the late 50's.

RC planes. Just got started. Teaching myself to fly. It ain't easy but I'm making progress.

Cooking. They say they like my cooking but I think they're just being nice!

This is just the stuff I am currently active in. Have done some canoeing, backpacking, fishing, motorcycles, historical reenactments (muzzle loader era).

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
vsailer: Me too, but the sailboat is languishing in the back yard lately. Sailing here in MT is a summer only hobby unless you have an ice breaker. I also have a project car, a 1986 Fiero ( I know, I'm a real loser). Used to do a lot of scuba diving but that was when I had access to the Red Sea with its warm water. Photography (still using old tech, real film equipment).

vsailor

Mar 10, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Jim

We also pull the boat out here from Nov to May, gets kinda cold out there!!...I used to have Photography as a hobby, but 29 years ago I turned it into a career( and it's still fun!!!)..

val

joesho

Apr 29, 2006
surrey bc canada
hey hocircusman,my grandma has a whole bunch of those games but she's keepin em. oh and my other hobbys are mountian biking and collecting antiques.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
I also play bass guitar. My last band fell appart after only one show and I'm on an indefinate hiatus from music. I've given serious thought to selling off all my amps and cabs except my small practice combo since I'm so fustrated with music right now. I have about $5K worth of musical gear sitting around and I haven't touched any of it in almost 2 months.

I was into model rockets for a short while. It was fun building them but after my 3rd one, I realized I didn't have anywhere to launch them because I live in the middle of town. :rolleyes:

Can't afford the green fees for golf any more. :curse:

Of course, there is always beer and women but my wife frowns on those. :(

Thank the heavens for model trains or I'd have nothing to do. :D

YmeBP

Dec 3, 2006
Southern New Jersey
www.skyersfamily.com
Rc cars and trucks, i used to race but now i just bash them around .. 1/8th scale onroad nitro, 1/10th onroad nitro, electric, monster trucks, 1/18th scale onroad and mini trucks.

Computers .. i like frankenstiening stuff :)

Bicycles, not so much now but i used to be into them pretty heavy.

Video games, have every console (except wii and ps3) and a decent gaming pc

Static models. My paints dried up :) i have to get some more to paint my pantera!!

1/18th scale dicast static models

and Now ... Model Railroading !!

Knighthawk

Feb 1, 2006
Lets see...I also have several hobbies. Model Railroading:D , Model Rocketry,:thumb: Geocaching:thumb:, Lapidary:cool: , and Paranormal Investigation:eek: jawdrop .

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Knighthawk said:
and Paranormal Investigation:eek: jawdrop .
I've been into that off and on for years. I don't get too deep into it though. You never know who (or what) you might accidnetally bring home with you.

I'm still wondering why they cancelled Ghost Hunters out of the blue.... I'm a little ticked off about it too. :mad:

trainnut65

Feb 17, 2006
Well lets see this all got started about 15 years ago with RC cars. We ran Pan cars on a paved ovel Lot of fun then we moved to gas cars lots more fun. then came off road cars even more fun. Then i got the wild hair to start flying Model planes. so that lasted about 5 years. Now i am in to N scale trains. Ho scale Trains and G scale Trains. And this is a lot more fun than any of the reast. So i am going to stick with it.

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
Railroad History & Preservation:
WPRMlogosmall.gif

Late Model Stock Car Racing (Crewman & Team Webmaster for Mansch Motorsports, 2006 WESTCAR Late Model Series Champion):
car61-2.jpg

2006champs.jpg

Old West Reenacting:
IMG_0015.jpg

And of course, model railroading:
CNELayoutTrackPlan600px.jpg

layoutdowntown.jpg

Then there is attending NHRA Drag Races (mmmmmm.......NITRO........), Carpentry, Home Improvement, Cooking, Arts & Crafts with a friends kids, photography (Got a Canon Digital XTi on order (Merry Christmas to me I guess), and all that while trying to run a business. I spread myself way too thin, but it sure is fun.

Hope you guys and gals all enjoy your hobbies as much as I do.

Illus

Sep 24, 2006
Wyandotte, Michigan
In the summer I spend alot of time on my motorcycle
DCP_2237.jpg

And also, year round, I like to work on my Tattoo collection (won't post a pic for that one, don't want to scare the natives:) ) and I play golf every couple of weeks (weather permitting), am a big music fan (just listening, not playing), and enjoy working on and remodeling my house (carpentry and such), and I am also a hunter. Plus the wife and I like to spend our vacations camping and riding our Quads.