What model decoder

jmurphy148

Does anyone know what decoder is used in the Atlas Classic N Scale GP-30-DCC and where I can find a list of the CV's and their function?

Thanks,
John

woodone

If your don't get a reply from someone who has opened one up to look inside,( that pearson might not know all of the CV's) I would contact Atlas support department.
Not sure what system you have, I know that with my Power cab set up I can read the CV's and it will tell you what each CV is when you pull it up, in the program mode. CV 2 is start volts- CV3 starting delay- CV4 brake delay-CV5 max speed, in most decoders. These might very from mfg. to mfg.

There were no instructions that came with the locomotive?:confused:

PWRR-2207

Rogue Islander
What is inside?

Since no one has stepped forward yet with a like model and answer, another option to calling Atlas is if you can read CV's, checkout CV08 to get the "Manufacturer's Identification" number. Some of the ones I know of are:

Manuf CV08 = Numerical (Hexidecimal)
Digitrax = 129 (0x81)
ESU = 151 (0x97)
Lenz = 99 (0x63)
NCE = 11 (0x0B)
SoundTraxx = 141 (0x8D)

I know Digitrax puts the model number of the decoder in CV07 and I think some of the others do as well, so you may be able to figure it out without prying the engine open. With that information, you should be able to get a manual online that tells you what each CV does and even how to reset the decoder to factory defaults.

baldwinjl

Atlas factory decoders are from Lenz, though I think at least some of them may be only produced for Atlas. As far as CVs, in general they are going to be by the standard:
RP 9.2.2 Configuration Variables
They required ones will be there, others may not. I have heard, without confirmation that the factory decoders are fairly 'bare bones'.