What kit maker do you like best?

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by mellotronage, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Ron

Ron Member

I love Marek's WW1 aircraft kits offered from fellow member here, DeWayne Barnett. Modelart, Halinski and GPM in general. I'm also growing fond of Answer and WAK. In many cases, one can follow a specific designer instead of
    publishing house and have a better idea of what one is in for.

Hope this helps :)

Ron
  2. Ron

Ron Member

I love Marek's WW1 aircraft kits offered from fellow member here, DeWayne Barnett. Modelart, Halinski and GPM in general. I'm also growing fond of Answer and WAK. In many cases, one can follow a specific designer instead of
    publishing house and have a better idea of what one is in for.

Hope this helps :)

Ron
  3. mellotronage

mellotronage Member

Thanks for your suggestions concerning this. I've got a better idea what to look for; and now know that the designer has more to do with choice versus the company that published it. Again, thank you!
  4. mellotronage

mellotronage Member

Thanks for your suggestions concerning this. I've got a better idea what to look for; and now know that the designer has more to do with choice versus the company that published it. Again, thank you!
  5. josve

josve Active Member

Hello guys!

If I should choose one, it just have to be DrafModel!!
    I have not built very many kits so far in my modelling time, but I have built models from Modelik,GPM,FG and paperaircraftwerks (the beaufighter still under construction)
    But the PAK40 from Draf,designed By Rafal Drzymulski, is so far the best kit I have had.
    Every tiny little part fitted 100% and I did not trim any part at all to make them fit.
    The build was pure joy all the way!!
  6. josve

josve Active Member

Hello guys!

If I should choose one, it just have to be DrafModel!!
    I have not built very many kits so far in my modelling time, but I have built models from Modelik,GPM,FG and paperaircraftwerks (the beaufighter still under construction)
    But the PAK40 from Draf,designed By Rafal Drzymulski, is so far the best kit I have had.
    Every tiny little part fitted 100% and I did not trim any part at all to make them fit.
    The build was pure joy all the way!!
  7. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I have yet to buy a commercial kit too...
  8. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I have yet to buy a commercial kit too...
  9. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

I don't build from kits, because:
    --I view cardstock as a sculpture medium and think of myself more of an artist than a builder.
    --I love the puzzle of figureing out how to design something. To me this is more interesting than building on it's own.
    --Kits aren't available for the stuff I want to model.
    --I often build models of things that exist only in my mind. The purpose of building a model of these things is to show someone else what they look like and to check that I'm imagining the things completely and accurately. I suppose this also why I make models of real things; I want to make sure that the image that exists in my mind is correct. I write science fiction and the models are part of my prewriting process. They help me imagine the boats that appear in my stories.
  10. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

I don't build from kits, because:
    --I view cardstock as a sculpture medium and think of myself more of an artist than a builder.
    --I love the puzzle of figureing out how to design something. To me this is more interesting than building on it's own.
    --Kits aren't available for the stuff I want to model.
    --I often build models of things that exist only in my mind. The purpose of building a model of these things is to show someone else what they look like and to check that I'm imagining the things completely and accurately. I suppose this also why I make models of real things; I want to make sure that the image that exists in my mind is correct. I write science fiction and the models are part of my prewriting process. They help me imagine the boats that appear in my stories.