What kinda glue????

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Bass wood is relatively hard so you need a glue that will absorb into it. Either Elmers or Titebond carpenter's glue would be a good choice. They are slow setting so you will need to be able to jig up or clamp the pieces while they are drying.

If any of the wood is to be stained be sure to do that first and then glue the pieces. You won't be able to stain over the glued joints. You can paint over them though.

Lackawanna Jim

Nov 27, 2002
NJ
Visit site
Howdy all;

I'm new to the gauge, so bear with me as I learn the ins and outs of everything.

I have a technique for gluing wood that some of you may like to try. First thing to do, as usual, is to stain your wood. If you intend to paint your project, then skip to step 2, which is to spray all your parts with Krylon Crystal Clear, which is a clear acrylic spray. Use light, even coats, and coat all surfaces. This 1) seals the wood, and 2) allows one to superglue the parts. I use Zap-A-Gap, and have found my assemblies to be just as stout as those assembled with white or yellow glue.

The crystal clear is acting, in essence, as a sanding sealer, which helps with painting, too. You still get the wood-grain effect, also (Meaning it doesn't completely seal the grain). It dries in minutes, and works on bass wood and balsa, too. Best of luck!

Jim:)