what is your most seasoned and driven train car??

Hmmm..... so many to pick from. Most of my stuff is still in storage so lately I would have to say it is my UP caboose. I especially enjoy running it because of the lit marker lights that I installed on it. Also in the picture is my AC4400 which is probably my most run locomotive. I am currently attempting to fix my pathetic first attempts at detailing it, hopefully it can be revived.

Freelancer

Attachments

• Img_1532.jpg
    Img_1532.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 122
F

Fred_M

A 1972 AHM RS2. Over the years it wore out 2 sets of brushes. The motor burnt up trying to run it on pulse a few years back. The gears were removed and she's a dummy now. Has body mounted kadees installed. Even though I changed scales this gal isn't for sale, would be like selling your past, or your sister. Picture's from my website. Fred

santefe.jpg

Glen Haasdyk

Here's the two cars (engine and car actually) that I've had the longest. The Flatcar was scratchbuilt years ago and I added all the cratesand handcar to it as time progressed. Pushing it is my MDC climax that I've had for about 18 years and three rebuilds.
aal.sized.jpg

LIRR

A conrail GP-38-2, it wont start anymore, nearly 12 years in use on my various layouts, it lacks handrails and many detail parts. I've been considering remotoring and redetailing it and giving life to this former workhorse

brakie

Hands down its my 30 year old Athearn GP7. :D That old gal seen a lot of locomotives come and go over the years.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Its the F9 that came with the Tyco train set I bought as a 13 year old back in the early '70s. The loco was lettered for the Penn Central but originally painted GREEN! It ceased being a useful runner long ago so I removed the motor, turned it into an unpowered unit, painted it a more prototypical black, and gave it some PC decals. It now heads my "Iron City Express" passenger train in front of a powered Athearn B unit painted to match.

Attachments

• rail3.jpg
    rail3.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 44