What is your favorite Steam Locomotive?

babydot94513

Member in training
Sep 1, 2002
Brentwood, Ca
Visit site
This this picture is not the exact one, but nonetheless, an 0-4-0 is darned cool - or hot depending on your point of view.

I was fortunate enough this year to be allowed learn a little on how to be a fireman and engineer on the 0-4-0 that Bob Kirtlan of Silver Bend Farms, Clarksburg, California owns and operates for weekday tours by local school children in the greater Sacramento area.

Since his steam engine was the first I ever was actually in charge of, naturally it is now my favorite.

Attachments

• silver bend.jpg
    silver bend.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 159

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
That A-5 is the one that i am going to be building in 1.6 scale for the club i am in. We have a K-4s in the club and the guys who own the engine are thinking of changing the number from 612 to 1361. We told them to do so and more than likely they are going to do it. Keep on posting. I really enjoy looking at the steam engines.:cool:

grumbeast

Jan 13, 2003
Dartmouth, N.S. Canada
www.accesswave.ca
well this is a tough question. While I've fallen completely for these huge and messy North American locomotives, I keep coming back to the clean lines of British locomotives. In particular the GWR Castles,like this one :)

Graham

Attachments

• uk70.jpg
    uk70.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 204

fordv10

Jan 1, 2004
Cary IL
Visit site
My first favorite would be a Frisco 2-10-0 #1630 that is at Illinois Railroad Museum. I got to be engineer for a run down the main line in 1993. All I could say is AWESOME !!!! The second choice is the N&W 2050 2-8-8-2 that is on display in barn 9at the same museum.