What is your favorite Steam Locomotive?

brakie

My favorite steamer would be the C&O G9 2-8-0.While the engine its self is a G9 the tender is not the type the C&O use.This engine was built for the C&O but ended up on the Buffalo Creek & Gaulle RY. Same number.

Attachments

• pic_13.jpg
    pic_13.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 253

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
That is a nice looking engine there. Infact all the engines that i seen on these past two pages are nice looking!!!!

Flangehead

What is your favorite steam locomotive?

That question is as hard to answer as the "Do these pants make me look fat? deathtrap. I tried, and I can't nail down one engine, I've got lots of favorites. I will name one of them. New Hope & Ivyland 2-8-0 #40. I was lucky enough to get a cab ride on that little engine a few years ago. The vision of steam from the cylinder cocks sweeping back into the cab and shooting into the open firebox doors was beyond words. It reminded me of the movie "Poltergeists"! I soaked the experience up, didn't waste my time with a camera. I wanted it burned into my brain, not film. Made small talk about deer and turkeys with the crew and tried to stay out of their way. I think they liked that.:)

TR-Flyer

Hi:
Well, I guess i'd have to say i think the NYC Hudsons are the most beautiful engines, See; http://www.steamlocomotive.com/hudson/nyc5426.jpg

Then i guess i'm most impressed by the big articulateds. Just seeing that much metal rolling down two rails in a controlled fashion is fascinating. Then, i like the 0-8-0 class of engines. Tough little workhorses.

Regards,
Ted

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Hey everyone keep sending in your photo's of your favorite steam engines. I seen some great locomotives on these two pages. Keep sending photo's in!!!!!!!

jim currie

i'll have to agree with Flangehead it is hard to pick one so i will post two the first just has the look of a iron beast:)
Central of New Jersey 4-8-0

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Jim,
I agree with him also. I have a couple favorites. They are the Pennsylvania RR A-5 #94, K-4s #1361, I-1sa #4438, M-1b #6750, Q-2 #6131, and the T-1 #6110

Ray Marinaccio

Although I am partial to Pennsy locomotives. Those AT&SF Northerns look pretty good after all the research I did for that N scale project.

Attachments

• atsf-s3751ejs.jpg
    atsf-s3751ejs.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 195
Favorite Steamers

I weighed in once before, saying Milwaukee 261 was my favorite, and it still is; but I have to put in a plug for the NYC Hudsons, too, particularly the NON streamlined ones. Wish I had a good picture to post.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Here is the A-5 #94

prr94.jpg

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Ray Marinaccio
Thank You for the comment. I am a huge pennsy fan. All the trains except for the A-5 are built in 1-1/2 inch scale. Again Thank You for the comment.