What is This Symbol

HPRL

Dec 31, 2005
SW Ohio
I am fairly new here and I have seached for the meaning of some of the symbols used here. I have noticed that everyone has a symbol that is to report bad posts -- well eveyone except me. How do you get that symbol with your who's who posting area? I bet it is pretty simply...
redface2.gif

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
I think I know what you mean. Only members can post here and when a guest try's to post here they get an error. That's why you see that marker in the who's online list. Also that marker is also set that you can report only other users post and not your own if they are bad post. If you have a post that you don't want you report it to the proper moderator of that forum. I hope this helps you. I am sure others will respond to you as well.

Welcome To The-Gauge.:wave:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
That's it, plain and simple. You can report anyone else's post if you think it's worth reporting. If you have something in your own post that you think is bad, you have the opportunity to edit it. :wave: :wave: One would not think they would want to report their own post to a forum moderator now...:D :D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Gary Pfeil said:
Hey Don, I'm a bit intrigued, I've never seen a post I'd consider objecting to, does it ever happen?
Yeah, like Ed says, a few of us that get here early usually spot some really bad spam and take it out before anyone else has a chance to see or comment on it.:eek::eek: 100% of it comes from someone that registers just to post this garbage.:rolleyes::rolleyes: If you want to find out how to get a free lifetime supply of genuine Rolex watches, you're going to have to get up earlier than we do.:D :D :D :D

Now beyond that, it is rare that any regular member posts something that is objectionable enought to have anyone complain. I've been moding here almost a year and have never received a "report bad post" from any of the forums I mod on, and I don't know of any other mod that has either.:thumb: :thumb: But, it's there if you think you need to use it.announce1:D

HPRL

Dec 31, 2005
SW Ohio
cry.gif
Well it is no big deal or maybe it is because I am asking. Now wait a minute and let us not get confused. I don't want to report anything I just feel cheated because I don't have a symbol like everyone else,
cry.gif
As you can see, I am registered but is there a difference beween being "Registered" and being a "Member?" If there is -- How do you become a member? I missed that somewhere. Oh well, I am off to the train room to get an early start.

cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
HPRL said:
cry.gif
Well it is no big deal or maybe it is because I am asking. Now wait a minute and let us not get confused. I don't want to report anything I just feel cheated because I don't have a symbol like everyone else,
cry.gif
As you can see, I am registered but is there a difference beween being "Registered" and being a "Member?" If there is -- How do you become a member? I missed that somewhere. Oh well, I am off to the train room to get an early start.

cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
You became a "member" when you registered. You have that symbol, everyone else can see it except you. I can't see mine either, no one here can see theirs, it's just the way things are. If you feel the necessity to report one of your own posts as a "bad post", you can just PM any one of the mods. announce1announce1 Just kidding, :D but in fact, you can edit your own posts, but if you need to have one deleted, just ask one of the mods here and we can do it for you.:wave:

HPRL

Dec 31, 2005
SW Ohio
bounce7 bounce7 bounce7 bounce7 bounce7 bounce7 bounce7 bounce7 bounce7 bounce7 bounce7 bounce7 balloon6 balloon6 balloon6 balloon6

HPRL

Dec 31, 2005
SW Ohio
I Just got over excited that eveyone could see my symbol:eek:ops: Thanks for everyone's input. Now I feel like one of the gang.:thumb:

balloon6

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Now hold on a second! I see that HPRL got HIS symbol but I still don't have one! I'm the only one that doesn't have one now. No fair! :( If HPRL gets one, I should get one too. Could one of you administrators PLEASE give me my symbol?

(tongue in cheek):)

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
So - welcome in the gang, Steve! :wave:

If you wish I could prove that your sign really shows by reporting your mail with the lots of jumping smileys. After all it's a dangerous post - causing migraine on at least one of our members. :D :D :D

Don, since I'm living in Europe I'm up up M-U-C-H (7-10 hours) earlier than most of you (Americans that is!). And yes, I've already reported some spam when I had a look into the Gauge in the morning. Seems that all that junk is posted some time after midnight in the USA. wall1

Ron

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
RailRon said:
So - welcome in the gang, Steve! :wave:

If you wish I could prove that your sign really shows by reporting your mail with the lots of jumping smileys. After all it's a dangerous post - causing migraine on at least one of our members. :D :D :D

Don, since I'm living in Europe I'm up up M-U-C-H (7-10 hours) earlier than most of you (Americans that is!). And yes, I've already reported some spam when I had a look into the Gauge in the morning. Seems that all that junk is posted some time after midnight in the USA. wall1

Ron
Don't be so sure, I'm here sometimes around 4 AM Arizona time, usually no later than 5. :D:D No, don't ask why, I just got use to getting up early, and couldn't change now. That's one reason you won't find me in chat, too sleepy by then.:sleeping: :sleeping:

If there's one highlight on being a mod, it's taking out some spammer while he's still on line here. That's almost as refreshing as the first cup of coffee..:thumb: :thumb:

Gotta go, for some reason I'm getting a headache and my eyes are jiggling around as I read through this thread.hamrhamr