• Picture-006.jpg
    Picture-006.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 200661811241_Picture-005.jpg
    200661811241_Picture-005.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 179

railohio

I thought I recognized the craptacular white bus. :D

I was in Bucyrus back on the 10th and got some shots around the depot. What's the history of those truck-less cars in the weeds next to the fuel dealer?

brakie

Brian,Nobody seems to know anything about those boxcars ..I was told they belong to Transco by the BP dealer...What I do know for a fact they was lettered for the Santa Fe before being repainted.

I am up there about every morning..I don't know how I missed you.
Why did you pick Saturday when Sunday is usually the busier then Saturday? Just wondering.

railohio

I was driving north from southern Ohio on that day.

You must have one really messed up line to have Sunday busier than Saturday. Everywhere else in the rail world it's just the opposite.

brakie

Saturday can be as dead as Monday..Things start hopping after 3:00pm on the week days and Saturday can be a hit and miss..Sunday things are usually hopping.In fact my better days at Marion was always on Sunday.CR,CSX and NS always seems to burn the rails up on Sunday..Of course that was when Marion was still a "hot spot".

BTW.As you know that is the Sandusky Line.

railohio

Sandusky District.

Yes, I know it very well. I think you're just out at the wrong time. I'm gonna guess you're not an all-night railfan, correct?

brakie

Brian,NS employees still call it the Sandusky LINE so,that's why I call the Sandusky Line.:D
Well,yes,I have spent some all nighters at Marion in the past also I can sit in my back yard and watch NS or during inclement weather from the kitchen window and watch the nightly parade.:D Trust me there isn't a NS train I don't hear or see.:thumb:
In the past I would arrive at the Marion Diamonds around 7 AM and stay till 5 or 6 pm.Again this was usually on Sunday and few Saturdays..Also..In the 95 I was there every Saturday and Sunday video taping the parade..
There have been times I have arrived around 7 PM Saturday and stayed till 6 PM Sunday if I went with friends or if there was a friendly crowd..

brakie

Brian,My portable scanner was stolen out of my car when I went in to get a cup of coffee..I haven't replaced it yet.My desk scanner gave up the ghost last year so,I can't remember the train numbers.
Saturday has always been a hit and miss.I have sit 2-4 hours on Saturday and not see a train.What trains are running are usually the same trains one normally sees Monday-Friday. Sunday is the busiest day..Now if NS runs extra trains Sunday I don't know but,one can usually count on 2-4 every hour plus what ever comes out of Crestline which can vary.Some times 1 or 2 heads around the old connector heading East toward Crestline or West toward Bellevue.Then CFE shows up at unusual hours and usually with CSX power.
Then I have seen a W&LE unit on a very short train.