What I really want....

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by DrBill, Apr 27, 2007.

1. DrBill

DrBill Member

Has anyone thought of producing a model of the Martin P6M jet-powered flying boat (P6M-2 in particular). It's arguably one of the most beautiful seaplanes ever to fly. I worked on them in the late 50's and early 60's just before the Navy canceled the contract, and I still remember them taking off from Middle River outside Baltimore with a 100-foot rooster tail behind them. There was a Revell plastic kit, but nothing else -- especially in paper. Here's a picture of one nearing takeoff speed -- just to whet someone's appetite:

View attachment 10531
  2. DrBill

DrBill Member

Has anyone thought of producing a model of the Martin P6M jet-powered flying boat (P6M-2 in particular). It's arguably one of the most beautiful seaplanes ever to fly. I worked on them in the late 50's and early 60's just before the Navy canceled the contract, and I still remember them taking off from Middle River outside Baltimore with a 100-foot rooster tail behind them. There was a Revell plastic kit, but nothing else -- especially in paper. Here's a picture of one nearing takeoff speed -- just to whet someone's appetite:

View attachment 10531
  3. Maurice

Maurice Member

4. Maurice

Maurice Member

5. mchale

mchale beach boy