What have you achieved so far in 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Champion

Jan 9, 2004
Macomb, Michigan
Visit site
Vanda32547 & Grumbeast:
Sounds to me you guys are accomplishing alot more than I. Cool summer, a couple of grand kids, the Olympics, and a motorcycle have all interfered with me outragous ideas. I expected to have model logging, boxcars, and such done by now.

Looks like I'm to have to throw the above and just work on the models. Two of the six logging cars have been weathered and the rest have yet to come out of the box. At this rate I shall be dismissed from the hobby.

Champ

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Well lets see its October and I have managed to
#1 Get all yard trackage down and completed mainline on 1 layout to find that i didnt like the way it operated.
#2 tore out first attempt down to the benchwork
#3 added on to benchwork and rebuilt 1 section for a canyon.
#4 Developed a new trackplan
#5 built an HO slotcar layout in shed 4x8 with 53' of track
#6 built 5 buildings, painted & weathered them.Additional detailing yet to do.
#7 Began laying roadbed and track this month for new layout.
#8 built 1 bridge kit for canyon and will start large trestle for outside curve through canyon this weekend.
#9 began filing articles from out of all old magazines that are getting ragged into hanging files and manilla folders.All are sorted and filed by catagories and in 5 portable rubbermaid file cases.All Mr's from 50-94 are completed(i will keep 10 years of each magazine complete and on my shelves).
I have about 300 MRC's to go yet.So another 3 weeks on and off of clipping is in my future along with 3-4 more portable cases.
So far the system is working well but i mat refine it even more in the future.
I hope to have trains running at least on the mainline by christmas.time will tell :)

capt_turk

Nov 14, 2004
Green Cove Springs, Fla.
1. Got back into model railroading after 40 year hiatus.
2. Started the TRV Railroad. (Turk's RV Rail Road).
3. Decided what I'm going to model. ( South Oklahoma oilfield to Lousiana port).
4. Built benchwork for main module.
5. Spent way too much on trains, but, alot less than I'd have spent on a woman or boose, though. (much cheaper hobby it looks like!!)
6. Had a hell of a good time, and learned alot!

CalFlash

Oct 31, 2004
central Florida
My progress has gone in spurts but the most activity has been of late. In the last two months I got the roadbed and track in on 300' of track that will become my lower level. I have it pretty much wired for DCC so I can showcase it for holiday visitors.

Tom Champion

Jan 9, 2004
Macomb, Michigan
Visit site
Hi:
Just obtained a piece of the 'Houston' model RR club though I don't know the full name of the club. A vendor at a show retrieved a reversible wye and two sections of hand laid code '70', "HO' & 'HO' narrow gauge, and a 'ton' of switches. The track requires repair as the club was dismantling their layout about 4 years ago.

He couldn't stand to let it be thrown away and I'm glad he couldn't. It will take a little imagination to work it in to the layout; but that's half the fun of model RR'ing. Other than that I've tackled some weathering on my first 'Keystone' log cars and am getting ready to build the 'Keystone' log loader.

Looks like DCC maybe in my future sooner than I thought. The 'Houston' pieces look like they were DCC run, no blocks. Winter is here & I will be in the basement!

Champ

Good Bye 2004

Hi All:

I have worked on my layout this year. I have rebuilt a part of main line 2. Putting the finishing touches on for the Holiday's. Family and friends have told me they can't waite to see my trains! :eek:ops:

As for 2005, layout coming down! :cry: The end of this line......

Happy New Year,
Andy

Attachments

• 18762caboose.jpg
    18762caboose.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 72

XavierJ123

Dec 17, 2004
Lexington, Kentucky
Learned to take an HO steam engine apart and put it back together---several times. That's a feeling of accomplishment and the engine runs great after a little nudge to get it started but the sparks are still flying. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.