What Future is there for me?

Woodman

Apr 26, 2005
Hi,

I've been lurking around The Gauge for a short while and finally decided to sign up for the long haul.

This would have to be the most facinating internet site I've found so far that deals with model railroading. You guys are soooo clever.

Anyway, while snooping around the pages, picking up bits and pieces of information, I came across quite a few in the 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' area (and others for that matter) where a product called Future is frequently mentioned.

What I would like to know, is what it is exactly. Is it a furniture or floor polish? Is is a cleaning solution or a sealant, or what?

As I live in Australia (Yes, yes, G'day, mate, to you also :wave: ), can it be purchased here or is there a product with similar properties that I can purchase at the local Coles or Safeway supermarkets?

Hopefully I am not condemned to always reading about this 'miracle substance' and never get to use it.

Regards to you all and thanks for all the great stuff on this site.

Woodman

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
Here it is a Floor Wax that has been around for Decades.
Hadn't thought of it not being else where. Might have a different name down your way.
Hmmm... Perhaps a quick search of an on-line US grocery store might turn some up and get
you the company that makes it. then from there you can see if they have it down there.

By the way...
Welcome Aboard!! We got a great lot and a trainload of ideas around here. (Pun intended)

G Pfeifer

Jan 28, 2005
Bloomington MN
Woodman;
And here is what they did not tell you..........
The product is a 100% liquid Acrlyic. It has been used in modeling to put a shiney finish on paint jobs. It also cuts down on static electricity, that will attrach dust to your plastic models. It also helps to prevent fogging of clear plastic by certain glues and solvents. It is best to let it harden overnight before handling the coated pieces.

If you can't find it by its US Brand name, then look for a 100% Acyrlic Floor finish and it should be the same.

George

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Welcome aboard, Woodman... :) :) Do you have trains set up yet or are you thinking about it?? :) :)

Thanks for all the compliments on the site :) :) There is a lot of great information & a lot of great members here :) :) Ask all the questions you want to :)

rcline

Jul 26, 2004
Byers, Tx. 76357
www.geocities.com
Welcome aboard Woodman! Glad to see that you found a new home. :wave:

Ausien!!!! where are you? One of your fellow countryman needs your help!! So quit playing with your trains for a minute and help this man out, and then you can go back to your trains! Speaking of trains, I have to go!! I have a couple of trains to play with!!!

Stumpter -- I can't believe what you just said! The Gauge is the best and we all keep trying harder all the time, thats why we are the best, because we have good folks like you!!!! :thumb:
Randy

Woodman

Apr 26, 2005
Thanks to you all for the warm welcome. Thanks also for the info on Future in my future. The web link was great and I'll be trawling the supermarkets looking out for the stuff.

Just for a bit of history, I had started to build a HO layout in a bungalow room but part way through I got more excited about finally having a model railroad, I decided the area was going to be too small. I have since disassembled it and moved across to a bigger shed where I have yet to get down to 'brass tacks'. I have to move my antique collection of wooden cameras out first to make room.

While I am proceeding, I have been making trees for the layout (compliments to the clever people on The Gauge who inspired and showed me how) and I have scratch built a HO scale Donkey Engine to go with my future logging line off-shoot.

The Donkey is almost finalised and only needs a little bit of weathering with the airbrush a mate was kind enough to donate. Have to practice with it first as I don't want to undo the trouble I went to.

I'll post a photo as soon as it's completed.

Anyway, thanks again to you all for the info and the welcome.

Regards,

Woodman