What else do you make models from ?

Discussion in 'Extended Mediums' started by Mark_1984, Apr 20, 2007.

1. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

ice, paper, stoneware, earthenware, aluminum wire, inner tubes, vinyl tubing, small motors, copper wire, steel, chocolate, jello, wedding cakes(made a wedding cake with a model railroad running through it), snow, fabric, wool felt, wood, sticks, stacked rocks, sand, polyurethan resin, lard, clay mixed with ox blood and feathers, sheet acrylic, oil paint, water color, acrylic paint, pastel, oil pastel, wax crayon, wax pencil, encaustic, charcoal, words (I write science fiction stories), dance(I'm bad at it but I gave it a try), cast bronze (gave it a try. wonderful medium but expensive), mud, plastic bags, yarn, rags, concrete.
  2. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

ice, paper, stoneware, earthenware, aluminum wire, inner tubes, vinyl tubing, small motors, copper wire, steel, chocolate, jello, wedding cakes(made a wedding cake with a model railroad running through it), snow, fabric, wool felt, wood, sticks, stacked rocks, sand, polyurethan resin, lard, clay mixed with ox blood and feathers, sheet acrylic, oil paint, water color, acrylic paint, pastel, oil pastel, wax crayon, wax pencil, encaustic, charcoal, words (I write science fiction stories), dance(I'm bad at it but I gave it a try), cast bronze (gave it a try. wonderful medium but expensive), mud, plastic bags, yarn, rags, concrete.
  3. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

I guess that puts you rather firmly in the Multimedia crowd :)

Sometime the word 'versatile' just seems inadequate !!!!
  4. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

I guess that puts you rather firmly in the Multimedia crowd :)

Sometime the word 'versatile' just seems inadequate !!!!
  5. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I only found card/paper modeling about 1 year ago, I didn't even know it existed (thank god for the internet).

I build,
    plastic ships, usually bigger scales.
    Radio controled cars, electric and petrol(gas). Metal, plastic, etc.
    Radio controled boats, big ones. Fiberglass, wood, plastic.

I built plastic 1/72 scale airplanes, I had over 300, this was about 1988. I moved house about 200 miles away and they were all packed nice and snug, put onto the van, got to the new house and never saw them again. Still don't know what happened to them. Cost me thousands.

Now I am hooked on card. I do like to go back to the radio's every now and then. I havn't looked at a plastic model for over a year.
  6. murphyaa

murphyaa Designer

I got hooked by Paper Paradise's Paper Air Force. I actually paid the $29 for the full program to get all the planes. Then I ran across Fiddlersgreen and Chip's Cub. Next thing I knew, I was covered in little paper triangles.
  7. pantherbug

pantherbug New Member

If you succeed in guessing wich material I've never used to build weird things, i'll be very impressed.
  8. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

I build in styrene plastic for some subjects, as there's nothing like the thrill of finding a grail kit on eBay or on other forums. I've gotten several of my plastic kits this way. I also like paper because, although the details are sometimes lacking, I can get a lot of Sci-Fi subjects for free, and they make great miniatures war pieces(I'm making a low-detail Eclipse class commandship for my next battle, and it's built to withstand several direct hits from verious fireworks.). With plastic kits, I feel guilty about blowing them up, and you don't just explode $80 worth of plastic, glue, and paint.
  9. NULLMOON

NULLMOON Member

paper and plastic mostly paper i only build plastics if i get given them or find one really cheap i like painting things thats why most of my paper models have mettalic accents:grin: last plastic model i built was a 144 shuttle and i sanded it so smooth it started to look like a concept car:lol: