What does your significant other think?

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cgutzmer, Oct 26, 2006.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

What does your significant other think of you card modeling habits? You may choose more than one....

Of course my wife has always found me a bit odd - must be part of my charm or something :D
    Chris
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

What does your significant other think of you card modeling habits? You may choose more than one....

Of course my wife has always found me a bit odd - must be part of my charm or something :D
    Chris
  3. Kaz

Kaz Member

I was rather lucky to get away with 'You are a nerd'
    People at work are a little less receptive!
  4. Kaz

Kaz Member

I was rather lucky to get away with 'You are a nerd'
    People at work are a little less receptive!
  5. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Luckily I am a modelmaker by profession, so I work with a bunch of weirdos, some of whom are my best mates. Some of course, are so weird even I think they are odd, but that is another thread....

My wife always says I don't drink the money away, I don't golf the money away, and I don't womanise the money away, and I don't gamble the money away, so be thankful for small mercies.

Odd? No. Boring, maybe......

My father and maternal grandfather are/were modelmakers, so maybe it is genetic. Maybe it is US that are normal, and the non-modelmakers who are the weird ones. Or aliens.

Wibble.

Tim (wunwinglow)
  6. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Luckily I am a modelmaker by profession, so I work with a bunch of weirdos, some of whom are my best mates. Some of course, are so weird even I think they are odd, but that is another thread....

My wife always says I don't drink the money away, I don't golf the money away, and I don't womanise the money away, and I don't gamble the money away, so be thankful for small mercies.

Odd? No. Boring, maybe......

My father and maternal grandfather are/were modelmakers, so maybe it is genetic. Maybe it is US that are normal, and the non-modelmakers who are the weird ones. Or aliens.

Wibble.

Tim (wunwinglow)
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

You are moving to england carl? Thats news to me! What prompted that?
    Chris
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

You are moving to england carl? Thats news to me! What prompted that?
    Chris
  9. The-Jazzman

The-Jazzman Member

She says WOW! That's mine! that's Mine! that's Mine. That's Mine! make me this! I want this! Gimmie That!.

UI say here's a pattern make your own.. She says Nooooooo.. You make it for me. I want this I want that.

I say KEEP your hands off my models!... If your a good girl I might give you ONE.

LOL [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  10. The-Jazzman

The-Jazzman Member

She says WOW! That's mine! that's Mine! that's Mine. That's Mine! make me this! I want this! Gimmie That!.

UI say here's a pattern make your own.. She says Nooooooo.. You make it for me. I want this I want that.

I say KEEP your hands off my models!... If your a good girl I might give you ONE.

LOL [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  11. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

boys and there toys...

My bride says that she can't believe there are that many "grown" men who play with all of these models!
  12. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

boys and there toys...

My bride says that she can't believe there are that many "grown" men who play with all of these models!
  13. rickstef

rickstef Guest

in my case, i have no wife or girlfriend, so i have noone complaining about any odd habits.

Now my mom and boss, they worry......

Rick
  14. rickstef

rickstef Guest

in my case, i have no wife or girlfriend, so i have noone complaining about any odd habits.

Now my mom and boss, they worry......

Rick
  15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

We worry about you too rick ;)
    Chris
  16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

We worry about you too rick ;)
    Chris
  17. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

My Catherine says I don't build enough. She is excited about everything I do anyway. Every time I show her a finished model she says "you made it for me?"...she's always hoping...

I usually keep everything I build until I build it smaller, then she gets the larger of the two. She has even built several cardmodels
    and loves them all ! Lucky me!

I get whatever I want because she gets what she wants. We have been together five and a half years, and I am still courting her...this courting will NEVER stop...and I am a VERY happy man.

If she's complaining about the cardmodels...it is not the cardmodels...I spend more time with HER and problems disappear...:grin:
  18. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

My Catherine says I don't build enough. She is excited about everything I do anyway. Every time I show her a finished model she says "you made it for me?"...she's always hoping...

I usually keep everything I build until I build it smaller, then she gets the larger of the two. She has even built several cardmodels
    and loves them all ! Lucky me!

I get whatever I want because she gets what she wants. We have been together five and a half years, and I am still courting her...this courting will NEVER stop...and I am a VERY happy man.

If she's complaining about the cardmodels...it is not the cardmodels...I spend more time with HER and problems disappear...:grin:
  19. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Good Evening Everyone,

Interesting poll. I'm anxious to see the results.

I think that most people outside of modelling just "don't get it". Relaxation, educating oneself about a particular subject, then building the skills to create a well-built model are positive pursuits.

I'm lucky I suppose. I build models next to my wife as she surfs the Web. We talk and joke around all evening together. She thinks it's pretty cool, and has surprised me with how much she knows about my interest in the US Space Program, specifically the Saturn V. Life is good.

As for the folks at work, I just started at a major helicopter manufacturer. I began taking in a few of my paper rocket models just as conversation pieces, but I'm the only one with anything but helicopters in their area. I get quite a few nice comments and people just stopping to check things out.

As far as I'm concerned, you just can't beat this hobby for fun and education.

Steve Austin
  20. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Good Evening Everyone,

Interesting poll. I'm anxious to see the results.

I think that most people outside of modelling just "don't get it". Relaxation, educating oneself about a particular subject, then building the skills to create a well-built model are positive pursuits.

I'm lucky I suppose. I build models next to my wife as she surfs the Web. We talk and joke around all evening together. She thinks it's pretty cool, and has surprised me with how much she knows about my interest in the US Space Program, specifically the Saturn V. Life is good.

As for the folks at work, I just started at a major helicopter manufacturer. I began taking in a few of my paper rocket models just as conversation pieces, but I'm the only one with anything but helicopters in their area. I get quite a few nice comments and people just stopping to check things out.

As far as I'm concerned, you just can't beat this hobby for fun and education.

Steve Austin