What does one do ...

IMRL393

Aug 7, 2001
Visit site
... with about a hundred (it seems) horn hook couplers ????

There's just GOT to be a use for the little things - I hear that some people actually use them on their locos and rolling stock!

'Course, being plastic, they could be used for fuel - maybe I should send them to California the next time they have a power shortage....besides, all sorts of strange things tend to migrate to that state....

Any other ideas ??????????

The pile is growing !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do they reproduce ????!!!!????

Soon it will be us or THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Infestation

George,

I'm sorry to hear about your infestation. Have you tried spraying the house? I don't know what you'd use...maybe a solvent...

Maybe they could be melted down and recycled into something else...say little plastic American flags or soda bottles...

-Rory

P.S. - Two more things: (1) don't get them wet, and (2) whatever you do, DON'T FEED THEM AFTER MIDNIGHT!!

P.P.S. - I've had similar problems with the little bags of screws that come in computer cases. There's almost always more than you need...and if you buy dozens of cases...their numbers just keep...GROWING.

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
COUPLERS ????

Fellas, I've been called crazy before, and other things, too, but I'll be able to keep this thread going for a while. As I've said before, I get the majority of my stuff at garage sales and private parties. Some come with KDs, very few, and the rest hook-horm. I've got too many to change over to KDs. I have a friend that does nothing but paint and detail cars and locos. I give him all the KDs and he gives me the h&hs. My reasoning, I have a lot of kids, Boy Scout troops, etc. and so when they handle, even gently, couplers break and/or fall off. I've got plenty, so I don't have to worry about it.
I would love to change everything over to KDs, and metal wheels, and all that good stuff, but I have a joy all my own. NO!!! I will not give anyone the KDs I have, and I think I've got enough h&hs
Anyway, I just wanted to put in $0.02 worth, but dang it, I could only make it a pennys worth. Can I take a rain check if by some faint, miraculous chance I think of something else? Thanks, I knew you were good guys.

Lynn

C

Catt

Rainchecks are allowed only on the fifth Tuesday of the sixth week of the month.