What do you think?

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I tried a different way of weathering last night. I used pastels, and mixed a bit of water with it. At first, I did WAY too much, so I wiped it off, and it made it look better. What do you think? Too much?

61.jpg

62.jpg

C

Catt

Looks good Mike,Only thing I'd do is add a little rust and dust to the trucks and tank.

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Thanks everyone, I still have to do the trucks and tank, that really stood out once I saw the picture of it. It does look much darker in person, and I don't really like the color, I'll end up re-painting them eventually.

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I took this picture under the full spectrum lights, I think the first 2 pictrues were picking up a bit of the plywood color, that's why the red was so off. This was taken at F11, 1 second exposure with a 3x zoom.

63.jpg

BNSFtheLeader

Aug 10, 2003
Boynton Beach (WPB Area)
Visit site
You need some grime on the cab it's to clean, on the breaseway of the left hand side (the storage/supplie doors) you also need some more grime on the hinges, Trucks,wheels and fuel tank you need rust/grime buildup, the top of the Engine needs Rail Engine Black for the carbon buildup appreance, and you need to add a heavy coat almost to the point to where you can't see the orriginal paint on the Grills (But you must spray on a 45degree angle pointing the brush towards the back of the Engine so you get that 3D appreance.

Although I've got to say the job you have done is very impressive and if that's the way they look if your region than stick to it.

Every road has a very distinctive age weather appreance due to snow, Rain, salt air, humid air, dry air, ect, the regions are very unpredictable for big roads, it's even harder unless you weather a perticular Engine the job you have done seems to me to be a very snowey domp area so grime would be held to a minimum but rust would be very previlent as well as carbon build up so you could go from there.

have fun,

Joshua.