What do you think of IHC loco's

paradisegunner

Oct 14, 2006
has anyone ever owned any International Hobby corp locomotives?......They look really nice, a tad pricey I think, but are they any good?...

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Welcome to The Gauge:wave:

I find them a good, reliable locomotive, easy to convert to DCC and easy on the wallet when purchased thru a reputable discount seller.

paradisegunner

Oct 14, 2006
Thank you shay, I'm moving from N scale to HO, and want to get a couple of nice loco's to start my empire, I'll give them a shot.....thanks for the welcome, look forward to meeting everyone

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Yeah, welcome to the Gauge.:wave: I have only one IHC loco, but it seems to be a decent locomotive for the money, and not a bad runner.

100_5533.jpg

I made a few minor cosmetic changes to the engine, while the tender was shortened and change to coal.

Wayne

L

lester perry

I have a couple of them but they don't get used as much now as they used to. I have acquired some more $$$ locomotives which are really nice and they tend to see all of the action now. Also I am converting to DCC and the IHCs are not converted as of now but will be some time. As far as running goes I have no complaints, they may not be as smooth as some others but they are not a expensive either. Now that you asked I think I will get them out and knock of the dust and run them some.
Les

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
All of my big steam, Big Boy, Challenger, etc., are IHC. I am very happy with them. The Challenger pulled 102 NMRA weighted freight cars. A few more and it may have grunted, or started slipping. All are DC, and if that's the way you're going, I recommend them.

Lynn

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
Hey Lynn, are you sure you don't have IHC confused with Rivarossi?

I like Mine. They are pretty generic as far as the details go, but are a nice solid runner for the money.