What do you like moste about modle railroading?

What do you like moste about modle railroading?

• Scratch building anything i want.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • assembling plastic modles.

• Using my weathering skills.

• Just watching the trains.

• Planning a layout.

• Shopping at the hobby store!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

3phase

Well so far i like laying the track and making the train run around, but i get the moste enjoyment and relaxation out of putting something togher like a building.

I usually end my day by running the trains before I turn in for the night. Although I do enjoy building the plastic buildings, scenery and track planning. I hate going to the hobbyshop they have tried to sell me more stuff then I needed for projects.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Cannot vote since there is no listing for "working on scenery or layout". As far as hobby shops, I avoid them. They are little help around here, the closest one to me has a small train section and deals mostly in airplanes and RC cars. One train shop that has a nice range on equipment and accessories in all scales has a couple of cats that have free reign and are just as apt to be sleeping on what you want to look at, or worse, the last time I was there I had to leave since I don't think they changed the litter box in many weeks. :curse: :curse:

Yes, I enjoy making scenery including structures, laying track and wiring, probably even more than running trains. :thumb: :thumb:

Russ Bellinis

I haven't got a home layout built, yet. I almost had a room that I could use, but a friend of my daughter's needed shelter from an abusive home situation, so we opened our home to her. When the modular club sets up to run a show, I enjoy switching the local peddler freight more than anything else. Operating sessions with switching puzzles are the most fun.

rcline

Ok - I voted on what I could. Ezdays is right on the scenery and layout. Myself, I love it all,(mostly electronics) although I have not tried to do any weathering yet, I'm saving that for last! Now lying in bed the other night with romantic thoughts on mind, my wife started talking about trains, (I'm sure she was working at changing my thoughts and she did), and she asked me about useing womens makeup and different size paint brushes to do the weathering and then coating it with a dull clear coat. She said that using the makeup would have a lot wider range of colors to use and it MIGHT be a little easier to dust colors on. Could any of you with weathering experience please elaberate on that idea?

3phase

hudsonelectric said:
Okay....I had to vote for everything! How about adding a category like 'Paying the credit card bill each month'? :D :eek: :D :curse: :D :( :D
Wow, that's something i refuse to use for a hobby. I have to want something pretty bad to pay 17% .

theBear

3phase said:
Wow, that's something i refuse to use for a hobby. I have to want something pretty bad to pay 17% .

Everything we buy goes on the card if possible and it gets paid off every month, so I don't care about the rate on my card.

Now if I could only get the
curse.gif
gas company to direct debit my checking account or charge my card I'd be a very happy camper.

I like only having to write one check and having a record in one place. It cuts down on the pile of papers I have to maintain for tax time.

Tileguy

3 phase,you need to get one of them cards that gives you air miles...You would then understand.I like my free airplane tickets :D

brakie

After the layout is built and finish as far as I am going to take it I want to enjoy the fruits of my labor and the equipment I bought and operate my layout in a prototypical fashion..That to me is model railroading at its finest. :D

Roger Wellman

I really enjoy all of these things, but like to take the basic structures and change them a bit to match my layout. I kit-bash some things, alter others. I just enjoy being on the bench and adding things to the layout. Sure is relaxing to "be in control" of my H-O world that operates on my time schedule! This is a great hobby!

shaygetz

As usual, I don't fit in a catagory :rolleyes: :D

I love tinkering, especially taking toy junk and turning it into scale pieces or taking a diecast relic of the past and turning into a DCC equipped, coupler bustin' lokey that'll make any one of today's high dollar thoroughbreds wet their roadbeds and cry :p :thumb:

ausien

Personaly, I like the friendships that have come my way from this wonderfull hobby, some close by that I can sit and have a beer or two with and move them trains around, and some that are miles and miles away, like the ones I have made on the Gauge. thanks to you all...have a good one...steve