What do you have

steamhead

Hi,

I have one of those R'house passenger cars which I converted to a yard office. I painted, stenciled my road name on it, added lights, took off the trucks and mounted it on some ties. Looks pretty cool. It's still packed away 'till my yard gets to look like one.

Gus (LC&P).

steamhead

Hey Miles,

Looked at your layout. Pretty nice!! What do those two dudes do until the mine module gets built?? Just keep those locos shining?? You complain of a couple P2K's being finicky on dirty track. I got one and it's the best performer on clean or dirty track. (Keep the track clean without doing any work - check out my TRACK GUARD on eBay..I'll re-list it tonight.) I also want one (or an A-B-A set) of those SF F7's. Most gorgeous (diesel) locomotives to hit the road.

Keep up the good work & keep us posted!

Gus (LC&P).

L

lester perry

Miles I just took a look at you freeweb site. Very nice work and a nice site. It looks like a very buisy layout, I like lots of action myself.
Les

Chanda

Tonopah & Silver Peak RR

Here is a panorama of my Tonopah & Silver Peak RR. I have been building it for the past 11 years and am still not finished. (A couple of moves in between) If it looks familiar it is a close copy of John Olson's Jerome & Southwestern RR. I started it when we lived a few miles from Jerome, AZ.

Chandler

Attachments

• Panorama 001.jpg
    Panorama 001.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 100
L

lester perry

Chanda that looks like a lot of RR in a small area but not cluttered. Is it N or HO?
Les

Chanda

Hi Lester,
The T & SP is HO gauge. The track plan was from Model Railroader around 198?. John Olson wrote the article in MR and there was about 7 or 8 months to complete the building of his RR. The articles were titled " Building an HO Model Railroad With Personality".
I lived in Cottonwood, AZ at the time and thought that it would be a challenge. There is supposed to be a 2' X 6' extension on the right side of th layout startink just to the right of the controller.

Chandler

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Chanda said:
There is supposed to be a 2' X 6' extension on the right side of the layout starting just to the right of the controller.

Chandler
That expansion was a wharf scene if I remember correctly wasn't it? I'm not quite sure where you would find a wharf/oceanfront scene around Jerome but you could expand with a branch of the Verde Valley Railroad traveling up through the canyon of the Verde river a little bit to Perkinsville. Hmmmm... interesting possibilities!

Chanda

Hi TrainNut,
You are right it was a wharf scene. It was really a turning wye but the wharf made a great disguise. I made the frame work but didn't have the space to put it together. When we moved to Nevada I still didn't have the room. I sure envy those that have the room for a good sized layout. If I had it to do over I would go for around the wall about 2' wide.

Chandler