What do you have

L

lester perry

Harold I understand there is one at Hartly soon but don't have the date. I will try to find out.

Zebob when you drive the first screw or nail lets see it.
Les

FiatFan

Here are a couple of shots of my humble efforts, one from each end of the room.

Tom

Attachments

• P5020031.JPG
    P5020031.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 233
  • P5020032.JPG
    P5020032.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 232

UP SD40-2

lester perry said:
Sorry to say I have not hugged my 4-8-8-4 today as I don't have one. Will one of my 2-6-6-6s do?.
Les
OK, not great pics, but they are the most recent pics of the 8'x30'' switching layout i have just started:D . BTW Les, your 2-6-6-6's would be just fine.:thumb::D View attachment 26723 View attachment 26724

Attachments

• overall.JPG
    overall.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 229
  • overall2.JPG
    overall2.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 224
L

lester perry

FIAT FAN MARVELOUS. Man that is what it is all about. Building a layout. :thumb: Keep us updated an progress.

UPSD40-2 nice switching layout, I love switching. It is a large part of operations on mine
Les
OK guys I am going to bed good night

zedob

lester perry said:
Harold I understand there is one at Hartly soon but don't have the date. I will try to find out.

Zebob when you drive the first screw or nail lets see it.
Les

Kinda like a ground breaking. Humm, wonder if I should use a shiney nail and have a "Silver Spike" ceremony.

cnw1961

Les, my place doesn’t alway look like that. I took the photos after I cleaned up. When I am working on the layout, the room is a total mess. If I would not clean up frequently, I could not find the layout anymore. It was a good idea to start this thread. I hope some more photos show up.

stump7

Hi Gang
Here are some photos of my 2 30" X 72" modules. I am at the scenary stage which is the hardest and slowest stage of construction for me. The first two are overall shots one from the north the other from the south, then a couple of closer-ups. I hope the photos show up ok. Guess I'm going to need a second post.
Stump 7

Attachments

• Trains 00126.JPG
    Trains 00126.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 214
  • Trains 00117.JPG
    Trains 00117.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 218

stump7

Here is the second set.

Attachments

• Trains 00119.JPG
    Trains 00119.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 210
  • Trains 00120.JPG
    Trains 00120.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 208
L

lester perry

Photos showed up real good. You say this is 2 modules? Where do they connect and I like the switch back.
Les

Art67

Kurt, I like the direction you are heading in. The trackplan is very prototypical and the layout has a nice, clean look to it. What type of industries do you have planned for it in the future? I see your mock-ups, but I am curious as to the type of industries you have in mind. I Look forward to seeing more of your layout and keep us posted.

Stuart

stump7

Les
Look for the lone pine tree against the backdrop, the split is right there, they're held together underneath by a couple of vise-grips. The pictures looked dark and a bit out of focus in the camera, I'm glad they look ok in the post.
Stump7

L

lester perry

I see the tree but from the angle it is cant see the split. I really like the switch back though, I tried to have one on my short line but not enough room. So now it is a really steep climb.
Les

caliban

Hi everybody,

I'm a new in this forum and this is my first post. The idea is great, show me yours an I show you mine. I don't have a layout, just 2 modules under concstruction and another in the concept phase. The new one will be the end of the line with a (commuter) station inspired by caltrains downtown San Francisco station. I'll go down to the basement and take a few pictures to post tomorrow. Ahh, it's in H0!

Tobias

cnw1961

Stuart, thank you for your kind comments. I am planning warehouses, a coldstorage and a flour mill with some silos for the layout. I will post some pics when I finish something, but you have to be patient because I want to scratchbuild most of the structures.

L

lester perry

stagingyards said:
if you can tell me wher to up load my pics then I will I want then to show up under your heading
Well lets see if I can tell you how I do it and not mess it up.
1 Open second browser and go to where your pics are stored
2 Go to gauge - what do you have. Click on reply
3 Give it a title
4 Write short message or long if you desire telling what you are doing
5 I usually hit enter to get new line. Click on mountain icon on menu bar. A block will appear on the top of screen with HTTP:// on it
6 Go to page with pics on it left click address of pic you want to post to highlight it.
7 Then right click on it select copy
8 Go back to gauge, right click next to HTTP:// select paste
9 click OK
10 done
I hope I got this right if not let me know I will try again. If anyone out there knows an easier way speak up.
Les

spookman

Not much scenery here yet but this is what I see in mind as I watch these trains for hours and get lost in thought.

A big red Santa Fe engine is just leaving the Colorado mountains heading out across the desert headed for a small saw mill near Santa Fe. Sleek and fast it hammers the tracks for hours in the summer heat.

I see a Bunch of B&O coal cars just loaded getting ready to be picked up from my home town of Richwood West Virginia. As the trains go through Richwood you can see Dr Echols farm with the horses down in the valley on the south side.
A huge load of coal has just been picked up Headed for New York state. Another huge train is just leaving Pensylvania headed across the mountains to Ohio.
In my mind I can see the whole thing just like I was there. I listen to the horn sounds and I am a back to my youth, At home in West Virginia watching the trains.

Attachments

• logtrain1.JPG
    logtrain1.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 212
  • logtrain2.JPG
    logtrain2.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 218
  • coal1.JPG
    coal1.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 216
  • coal3.JPG
    coal3.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 219
  • coal2.JPG
    coal2.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 216

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Here's the left side of my U shaped HO layout in a 12 by 20 foot space. This side includes the town of West Mill, Hudson Cement, locomotive facilities, and the car float operation (on a fold up extension).
The thing in the middle of the photo is a facsimilie control stand modeled after those found in EMD F units. A power pack inside actually controls trains on the layout. To the right of that is a not-quite-finished Cargil elevator.

Attachments

• overall1.jpg
    overall1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 241