What do you have

L

lester perry

wsor4050 said:
Here's an overall shot of my layout for you, it's not that big....!!!!!
Size doesn't matter. This is just a share thread. Maybe ideas will develop from what someone has done. besides it looks good to me but I do have a question. Is it out side?
Les.

spookman

Apr 22, 2006
henryslureworld.com
Ok one more try here. I want to add a coal house, a cattle yard and a sawmill as soon as I can get the buildings. I also want to get about 8 ho coasl cars in black to add to the middle train and remove the other junk. I have a ton of cattle cars already, I will just have to put them on a side track to the cattle pens when I get it set up. I also want to add 4 more coal cars to my O set and put coal in all my coal cars. I am going to do the styrofoam and black gravel thingy some one suggested.

I am going to a huge train show in Port Huroin Michigan in the morning to see what I can find. Wish me luck.

Attachments

• controlpanel.JPG
    controlpanel.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 322
  • lt1.JPG
    lt1.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 320
  • lt2.JPG
    lt2.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 314
  • lt3.JPG
    lt3.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 316
L

lester perry

SUCCESS AT LAST. Nice shots man. You got your logs the same way I did.
Les

wsor4050

Mar 26, 2006
I do have a question. Is it out side?
Les.

Yes It's 6' by 1' and when it's sunny I can set it up outside and take some photos
Last but one Friday ago a UP GP35 turned up to do some switching
I managed to get a few photos of it, they are at http://thegilberts.fotopic.net/c923670.html It took about an hour to do the photo shot.
Then I packed it away in the garage. I'm just weathering some more stock (Wisconsin and Southern this time) and hoping tomorrow will be sunny so I can get it out side again

spookman

Apr 22, 2006
henryslureworld.com
I had to reduce the size of the load on the first longer car. It was too top heavy. I just have 5 logs on it now and that Model power SanteFe engine just rips around the track with no derails. I want to get some more red flat cars and make about 8 more loads to make it look real. Log trains in the West Virginia area where loaded down with Many cars straining up and down the mountains.

I also cut a big pile of logs to pile at my sawmill when I get it.

Les how did you attach your logs? Can you post some pics?

Jules Winnfield

Mar 23, 2006
Spookman...If you go to your local tropical fish store,you can get activated charcoal in a big container for cheap!it looks awesome!

L

lester perry

Les how did you attach your logs? Can you post some pics?

This is the only pic I have right now. I will try to get more in next couple of days showing how I did it. My loads are removable so the I can send emptys to forest area and loads to Mill.
Les
000_0056.jpg

spookman

Apr 22, 2006
henryslureworld.com
Thanks for the tip jules.

Wow Les. It looks awsome. I have plenty of logs to put at the mill and at the edge of the woods so not planning on loading and unloading any. You can only do so much with HO scale. I wanted to tie them on but too tedious and what ever I used it would probably drag on the track the cars are so low.

I have to remember tomorrow to look for some small pieces of EZ Track to extend my center layouts to the max to give me more room for my scenery and my yards.

L

lester perry

You are right Miles we are getting somewhat derailed. OK guys show your stuff I am loving it.
Les

L

lester perry

Spookman go to tips and tricks under the reference section. I have posted how I do log loads there.
Les

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Here are some overall shots of my layout. It is far from beeing complete. I just started to work on the scenery.

Attachments

• layout2.jpg
    layout2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 289
  • layout1.jpg
    layout1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 291
  • layout3.jpg
    layout3.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 287

wsor4050

Mar 26, 2006
Kurt
It looks very good and very neat too. I like the track plan. What are you going to on the part over your desk

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
WOW! theres some really NICE layouts on here in varying degrees of completion:thumb:. GREAT WORK GUYS!:thumb: :D **lester perry, you have a truly AWESOME layout!, and GREAT detail work!:thumb: :thumb: being an engine fanatic, i gotta tell you when i seen the pic of some of the motive power you have, i just about fell on the floor!jawdrop(insert "not worthy" smiley HERE___) I AM TOTALLY envious:thumb: :D THANKS!

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Chris (wsor4050), I had a look at the pics of your gp35 photo session. Very nice small switching layout :thumb:. BTW, what do you mean by ’the part over your desk’?

Les, I know it is stiill much to clean, but the right amount of detail, dirt and grime will take some time.

L

lester perry

Thank you UP SD40-2. Sorry to say I have not hugged my 4-8-8-4 today as I don't have one. Will one of my 2-6-6-6s do?. The Idea behind this is for everyone to show there stuff and a lot have. But there are still more of you out there which haven't joined in yet so lets go guys get out the camera and give us some pics.

Kurt I was not saying it is to clean, I am envious my place is a constant mess. I have open house in November and I start cleaning up in September. Please keep it that way man its great.
Les

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
Gosh Lester, I wish I had a layout to show, but the last one came down for the move into the new house and the new one is still in the pre-preliminary stages. I could post a pic of the wall, but it's kind of boring, right now. I sure am glad you started this thread because it's great for inspiration. Thanks