What do you do?

ezdays

Out AZ way
Welcome Dave, Welcome John as well as all those that have recently joined and have posted in this thread. :wave: :wave: Yeah, reading all nine pages does take time but it's really amazing to find out what everyone here does.:) :)

hooknlad

What i like about this thread, is that you could "pick" the mind of someone in a particular field of interest. Everything from LAN operators to plumbers.. The Gauge has a vast knowledge in various interests. Thanx for keeping " The Gauge" alive and kicking to all of its membership and Moderators. There is no other Model RR site that I have found that can compare..

I dont remember - lol - if I placed my vocation. Presently Member of IBEW, licensed electrical contractor (pt), working for a large electrical contractor from NY. I am the companys' resident imagineer, having a BS in Electrical Engineering. Im working on obtaining a PE ( professional engineering license in NJ ). At 39 yo with a bum back, I need to back to a desk job soon. My hobbies include Trains, Trains , Trains, and working pt for a buddy of mine who ones several GP 38 loco's, yes the real ones. He has 5 locos and several track mobiles. We fix them up and he leases them out to area businesses.
train97

pennman

work we dont need to work lol

Lets see medicly retired from the Army in 2002, Currently work as lead mechanic for a Mack truck dealer and a vol. firefighter
Oh yeah Full time N scaler..
Tony:wave:

grimlocksmash

hey everyone, my name is ed, im a dad of an awsome 14 year old son, i love mustangs, falcons,and my pup rocky, i work at a local church doing maintenence, and played with trians amd afx cars when i was a kid, well im a big kid now and looking to put some of those childhood dreams into action, i plan to do a layout consisting of both ho scale trians and afx cars, it may be a chalenge, but i like doing things the hard way

trainman4

Welcome aboard ed

I'm sure you'll find some helpful info here. I joined a couple weeks ago and i enjoy the site.so what ever questions you have ask i'm sure you'll get a reply.:wave:

Jim Krause

Retired A&P Mechanic here. Worked for Boeing most of my career in the flight test and development areas. Also spent some time with Saudi Arabian Airlines(SAUDIA) in the mid 70's and was a Field Service Rep in the middle east and europe. Originally wanted to be a farmer but reality set in before that happened.

Jim Krause

IRail Ron: I think you underestimate yourself a whole lot. Teaching has to be one of the most challanging fields a person can get into. I volunteered at a local school and got to observe the day to day interaction between students and teachers. It's a tough job.

RailRon

Jim, thank you for the kind words. Yep, teaching is a demanding job - but working with the young is also most satisfying.

However, I have to do a little update: Probably I am the most recent retiree here at the Gauge - effective July 31st. :D:D:D
Now I'll hope to become a much more active model railroader than before (haven't been in the basement for the last eight weeks!!! :( )

Ron

MadCoW1

Hello,

Me, I'm a retired locomotive engineer. Retired at the age of 46! Hogged on the Wisconsin Central Ltd.(Chicago and Superior subs) and hogged on the Wisconsin and Southern RR on the southern division. Retirement due to illness. Miss it.

Johnny

Tayder

I am a safety professional (some say Safety Nazi) for a major Canadian upstream oil and gas producer. We provide a very large chunk of the natural gas that yawl burn to stay warm or stay cool in the Yew Ess Eh!

Past lives include 15 years in the service of the Queen at sea, down below making things go. :thumb:

wdsrwg

Family business (industrial metal finishing) for 20 years until we watched it burn down one day. For 12 or so just putting food on the table. But now, :D Me and the oldest son are running with a full head of steam in our satellite communications business!!! :thumb:

Riches to Rags and back to somewhere in between.

I really love this country!

Russell,
Hill Country of Western Wisconsin

LoudMusic

kmorris said:
chief geek for a federal government contractor

I refered to myself as a professional geek one time and a girl in the group was embarrased that I would say such a thing about myself. When I proceeded to tell her that being a geek was a good thing she sheepishly said "if you say so" and then ignored me the rest of the night.

I'M A GEEK AND I'M PROUD OF IT!

And I make probably twice what she does and I spend most of my day reading web forums. And get paid for it.

It's good to be a geek.

Herc Driver

Geeks Rule! 'Cause they're smart enough to build systems that keeps my airplane safe. I just fly it - which doesn't take a lot of smarts...which is why my flight manuals have so many pictures.

coachsig

Getting prepared for my 38th year as a high school teacher. For the first time in all those years coaching football will NOT be a part of it:eek:ops: ...MD's orders!! Two heart attacks and "brittle" diabetes have taken their toll (of course, he said "High school football is killing you"..he didn't say anything about MIDDLE school footballannounce1 and one of my former players called and wanted to know if I could give him a hand). In the meantime, I will continue to accumulate N scale materials for my retirement and continue to 'lurk' on The Gauge absorbing as much info from all you experts out there.:thumb: