What do you do?

N Gauger said:
So basicaly, you're wiring a "real" trrain layout... :D :D

2 of my friends used to work for PRR & Conrail...., 1 used to work out of 12th st and 1 out of Enola :) To neat!!
LOL,it's a real big Train Sey without DCC.

trainman4

I'm retired from the Philly gas works because i had a stroke at age 51.buy i'm still alive and kicking.I tinker in N&Z Scale .I don't model any particular era i'm just in it for the fun.I have a 12x9 l shaped layout i run steam&diesel in the Sooline.I'm glad i found this group i enjoy reading the posts.Well that's all folks.

MilesWestern

WOW!!! :eek: Wickman, stunning candles!!! :thumb: I espically like the waterfall with the deer, and the ordemental box candles, just WOW! :)

Only thing is he olf problem with the internet, no scaces in the url, so you've the old problem in the fact that "of" and "art" might become a problem if combined! :D

Great stuff, my mom would love it!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Glad to see this thread get bumped, :wave: it's really neat to learn what your fellow Gauger does, or used to do...or tries to get away with doing...or not doing...:D :D

Welcome Trainman4, glad to see that you're getting past your health problems.

Ahhh, Wickman, very nice, those candles are impressive for sure.:thumb: It would be something if you carved one in the shape of a steam loco.:)

Big_Al73

I'm to young to retire and I owe,I owe. I'm a industrial sales engineer for hydraulics and pneumatics controls and compressor and air drying systems.

FallBuck&Scaler

I was a timber beast/wildlife biologist for the US Forest Service for about 15 years, when I got blown off a mountainside in Colorado by a lightning strike. Went on (forced to) disability, taught myself how to use a computer and now am more or less retired with a digital camera, Photoshop and some HO scale trains to mess around with...

trainman4

Sounds like we both lucked out in a way.of course i didn't get hit with lightening.Well you know the old saying things could be worse.have a good day.:wave:

Herc Driver

Almost 15 years combined in the USAF and Air National Guard flying the C-9, C-5B Galaxy and the "Mighty Herc" - the C-130 H3 (97 combat missions in Iraq)...worked for USAirways then Pan Am...now a captain flying a Citation X with NetJets (world's largest fractional ownership company). Started in N scale when I was a teenager and hadn't brought them out of the box since last year after my kids begged me to run them around a simple oval. I also have a serious problem buying diesels I really don't need or have the space to run...yet...but my LHS owner knows me by first name!

wickman

Herc Driver said:
Almost 15 years combined in the USAF and Air National Guard flying the C-9, C-5B Galaxy and the "Mighty Herc" - the C-130 H3 (97 combat missions in Iraq)...worked for USAirways then Pan Am...now a captain flying a Citation X with NetJets (world's largest fractional ownership company). Started in N scale when I was a teenager and hadn't brought them out of the box since last year after my kids begged me to run them around a simple oval. I also have a serious problem buying diesels I really don't need or have the space to run...yet...but my LHS owner knows me by first name!
WOW ... does it get any cooler that ...NOT:thumb:

Herc Driver

Naw...the only cool part of that posting is that my LHS knows my name finally. I like walking into a place where they are glad you dropped by. But thanks for the thumbs up...though I imagine if everyone started telling their war stories, there'd be quite a few with more interesting stories of true military valor. To those who served down through the years - I respectfully salute.

Worked for a bank for 13 1/2 years. Started in Media Operations (tape library) as Operator, Shift Lead to Operations Support. Promoted to Network Ops and was laid off 6 months later.
Currently working as a Security Guard (recently promoted to Site Supervisor) but looking for something else. Thinking along the lines of network cabler or locksmith.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
21-1/2 years U.S.Navy..19-1/2 years Field Service Rep. with Datagraphix/Anacomp..2 years learning that the politically correct phrase for "too old", is.."we found someone better qualified"..2-1/2 years in a hobby shop, which was managed out of existance..currently an associate with GCLaser, doing product development,... drawing a military retirement,.... and social security!

ezdays

Out AZ way
sumpter250 said:
21-1/2 years U.S.Navy..19-1/2 years Field Service Rep. with Datagraphix/Anacomp..2 years learning that the politically correct phrase for "too old", is.."we found someone better qualified"..2-1/2 years in a hobby shop, which was managed out of existance..currently an associate with GCLaser, doing product development,... drawing a military retirement,.... and social security!
What about the response, "you're overqualified for this position"? That's just as effective, but not as degrading and basically means the same thing...:cry: :cry:

jefelectric

Wow, I actually read all 9 pages. Very interesting.

I am a retired electrical contractor Since the end of 2000. Was involved in the electrical construction business for my entire working life. Enjoying my retirement with trains, woodshop, greenhouse and some shooting sports.

Married with 3 children and 7 grandchildren & another on the way.

Have been into trains off and on since high school. In 3 rail O since retirement.