What do you do?

babydot94513

Member in training
Sep 1, 2002
Brentwood, Ca
Visit site
As for work, I conduct insurance fraud investigations which is a never-ending battle.

Weekends are for field trialing, hunting, railfanning and model railroading or doing what my wife tells me to do.

JD

liven_letdie

Mar 22, 2005
Turlock, CA
www.downthelinetrains.com
Well,

The job that pays for my trains is Banking. I am a personal banker with a business specialty, which means I do home loans, business loans, and new accounts. I am currently in a supervisor training program so by this time next year I am guaranteed to be a manager of a branch in our area. That means more trains! I would like to have it set up so there is a wooden train layout for the kiddies and adult kiddies to play with =]. I have train photos and paraphanalia all around my office and it starts a lot of neat conversations. I would eventually like to teach part time too and perhaps do historical research. Anyway, neat to see the variation of what we do to get trains =].

Cory

jimmybeersa

May 14, 2001
Alberton . South Africa
I spent most of my working life underground in some of the deepest Gold mines in the world for The Otis Elevator Co. Trained as an underground Electician
I changed to Elevator Engineering and once again found myself going down the mine. The elevator pit on one mine was the deepest spot a man can stand in , almost 3 miles below sea level, Hot !!! had to wear a iced vest to keep cool When being lower than Hell got to me
I Started a Mining Supply Company and worked at that for 13 years. then retired and was asked to rejoin Otis where I worked for another few years adding up to 42 years for one Company and a total working life of 55 years
I have had a good life, my wife of 52 years and I have traveled extensively our score so far have been in 31 countries
For my health except for a Cancer scare, I thank The Lord

Jules Winnfield

Mar 23, 2006
I am one of the most imprtant people in the Cincinnati public library...I supply the toilet papersign1 You may all call me...The JANITOR!:D

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
My main occupation is being a dad to two of the cutest little boys you have ever seen (of course I may be prejudiced towards that statement). The first is four and the second is one year old. My wife works from home and I help her on the side as a graphics technician. Mostly we do government consulting for the military. Before those two, I worked as an AutoCAD tech in the fields of architecture, structural engineering and civil engineering. Architecture was definitely my favorite except for them darn clients:D .

hobokid

thebull
May 19, 2006
long island ny
i was homeless till about six months ago, then i got offered a really good job painting in baltimore and ive been here since.i was riding trains for the past six years and they are my life.ho scale donations welcome. thanks -dan

MadModeler

May 20, 2006
I'm currently working as a Security Guard at an office building. I'm looking to get into a better trade (ie locksmithing) and need to find a company that would be willing to hire me on as an apprentice. I worked in a tape library (Computers) for over 13 years and then was laid off after the company I worked for took over another company.

Aug 28, 2005
Northwest Indiana
I've been retired since 10-01-2003, after 42 years in the glass industry, 28 of which as a journeyman glazier ( Aluminum storefront fabrication and installation ) as well as glazing the same ! It was a great and rewarding career ! Would do it again !
:wave:

Mike Hamer

Mar 5, 2006
I'm a school teacher and have been for over 25 years. In fact, my class made a layout to commemorate Canada's 125th birthday back in 1992 and that's how I got my start in model railroading. Our layout was good enough to make Model Railroader in their July 1994 issue. We called our article "Trains 101"!

I'm also married with two daughters. My wife is Lisa and my daughters Karen and Alison are both in university.
When I'm not in my train room, you can find me in the garden or playing the piano or guitar!

Harold Cole

Feb 15, 2006
Clayton Delaware
I've been an Electrician all my life.I'am currently working at Amtrak as a Substation Electrician, as a forman in the E.T. Dept,we maintain all the electricial equipment in the yards.Currently i'am running a gang that installs new equipment in the yards and along the right of way.I've been with them over 29 years.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Harold Cole said:
I've been an Electrician all my life.I'am currently working at Amtrak as a Substation Electrician, as a forman in the E.T. Dept,we maintain all the electricial equipment in the yards.Currently i'am running a gang that installs new equipment in the yards and along the right of way.I've been with them over 29 years.
So basicaly, you're wiring a "real" trrain layout... :D :D

2 of my friends used to work for PRR & Conrail...., 1 used to work out of 12th st and 1 out of Enola :) To neat!!

Evan

Feb 9, 2004
Cape Town, South Africa
Visit site
Work: IT Manager

Hi all,

Been in computers most of my working life. I spent two years backpacking around Europe. Have worked mainly in support departments for PC related companies (AutoCad support, ISP support etc). Now running the IT department for national company that's branded as "Human Empowerment". We do various things, such as selling Videos (the teaching type videos, such as "Fish!").

At home, have a daughter and wife, who keep me busy. Try to spend as much time as possible on hobbies, but they have other ideas. :)