What do you call that thing again???

I have a problem discussing engines because I don't know the proper nomenclature for all the parts. If anyone has a picture identifying the parts of a model engine, etc it would be very helpful. :wave:

shaygetz

Oh, I have some reeeeealy colorful names for them parts. To hobby shop guy; "I need that :curse: thingie that goes on top of that other :curse: doodad that makes that :curse: :curse: motor turn them :curse: :curse: wheel gears."...or something to that effect. :thumb: ;) :p :D

Russ Bellinis

If you can pick up the Locomotive Cyclopedia Vol 1 & 2 from Kalmbach, vol 1 is on steam engines, and vol 2 is on diesels. Both were put together by Lynn Westcott, so they date back to the 70's, but I think they are still in print. The first chapter of each book explains in vol 1 how a steam engine works and what the various parts are, vol 2 chapter 1 explains how a diesel engine works and nomenclature for parts.

F

Fred_M

I'm confused to wheather you are asking for the names of the parts on a real lokey, or parts of a model lokey myself? I though model from the first post you made, if so, they come when new with a diagram with an exploded view that names the pieces like spur gear, motor, brushes. If it's the name of parts on a REAL lokey then them links cid gave are great. Fred