What do "WE" make with this and that

ross31r

Jul 6, 2004
Surrey, United Kingdom
yay me hero! (lol) already busy "destroying" a Roundhouse Overton Combine to turn it into a shorty power car for my interurban. cut off the footsteps at either end and shortened the farme so far.

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
ross31r said:
yay me hero! (lol) already busy "destroying" a Roundhouse Overton Combine to turn it into a shorty power car for my interurban. cut off the footsteps at either end and shortened the farme so far.

Hi Ross31r, and a big welcome to the gauge, If you are doing Traction you are my hero friend :thumb: :wave:
I await your future post with anticy whats is name patiance :rolleyes:

Can you show some picy`s soon?
btw where are you in the UK??

ross31r

Jul 6, 2004
Surrey, United Kingdom
I am in the southern UK, luckly for me i have sort-of traction locally anyways , in the form of Croydon Tramlink.
yes i am doing traction, was going to attempt to build a model of that big four-bogie freight motor, but think that can wait until i have got some practice with the Overton. Off in search of a SPUD to power it now (although the bogie is very very short wheelbase [23mm!!!] so i dont know if there is a short enough spud/black beetle available)

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
If you want what plans I have of the Illinoise Traction artic. I can scan and post them here for you. Or prehaps a new post would be good.

I never did like the spud motors :( so I went to the sw15 switcher motor. :thumb: :thumb:

ps get to bed it must be 11pm over there :D

CN1

May 6, 2003
interurban you're a Genius!! :eek: :D :thumb:

You should have a tutorial in a Model Railroad(er)(ing) magazine my friend.

Excellent stuff :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Chris,That is one mighty fine project .. :thumb: I freely admit I never seen a Athearn drive or RPO use for such a project..I learn something new everyday. :thumb: Thanks for sharing this project. :thumb: Great job! :thumb:

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
Thanks CN1 and Larry , Our friend Ross31r, brought this back up, I am glad he did as I had forgotten about it . So happy it has help him in his traction building..
I should do another one when I get the time to start the I T artic .

ross31r

Jul 6, 2004
Surrey, United Kingdom
slight change of plans with mine - found an Overton full baggage that I had fitted a caboose roof onto, so i have removed the cupola and got a ready made pantograph well!
Baggage also has one small side window at one end of either side which looks better IMHO than a load of mesh covered windows would have on the ex combine.
Got to the stage of cutting out the end windows now, so next come the hunt for a pantograph.

Oh, and its going to be a permanent pair with the business car unless i can find a supply of Bachman Spectrum Doodlebug power trucks and motors (as, curiously enough, these are almost identical in wheelbase to the original trucks on the Overtons)

ross31r

Jul 6, 2004
Surrey, United Kingdom
LOL, yes he has got some traction company now. Albeit mine is supposed to be a mainly freight operation, passengers being taken between towns by the subsidiary passenger traction operation.

Already got two freight motors, just trying to find a source of pantographs now so they can become genuine juice jacks.

ross31r

Jul 6, 2004
Surrey, United Kingdom
i have got hold of the pan off my old Hornby Class 91, although its a single arm type (as per the Acela express engines) so its unsuitable, but until i find another supply of the Marklin type ones its the best i have.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
60103 said:
He found that none of the pans on his brass models were insulated, and didn't want to go to all the trouble.

:( , even my AHM GG1 came prewired for overhead. I even wired in a STDT switch to go from one or the other.