What do "WE" make with this and that

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
This is the assenbled light direction controll. Make sure the white band is away from the bulb lead, then it will let power through when in that direction mode and stop power going through when in reverse mode. The other diode will do the opposite.

Attachments

• p1010022.jpg
    p1010022.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 252

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
and a pic of the back side;)

Wiring.
As you know you have two pickups on the motor we use one side for all avalible pick up off all wheels.
The other side picks up power from the pantograph
Lights.
Two leads off each bulb.
one of each takes power from the pantograph.
the other leads must pass through the diode`s and then to the wheel pick up on the side of the motor.

Attachments

• p1010020.jpg
    p1010020.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 313

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
Now I have to try my hand at weathering and then she will be given her roster #:D :D :D
Hope you can understand it all.
I will show you Glenns after he gets his hand fixed up.
Cheers. and happy scratch building.

Attachments

• p1010027.jpg
    p1010027.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 374

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Chris, this was (and is) a very interesting thread with your step-by-step explanations. And the result is well worth the effort - a traction combine with a distinct 'face'. Great modeling! :) :) :)
The funny thing is that this 'face' with a front door looked very familiar to me. :rolleyes: And then I found the Swiss 'sister' of your combine:
Here in Switzerland in the late '40s the first hi-speed electrics, two truck passenger locos were built. The first series also had a door in the front side, complete with a bellows behind it. The idea was to join it with the passenger cars, so that the conductor could ride in the loco after checking the tickets of the passengers. (Already in the second series this front door was omitted.)

Now doesn't she look a bit like your combine, although she's 'only' a locomotive? ;)

Ron

Attachments

• re 4-4 i serie 1.jpg
    re 4-4 i serie 1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 332

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
Hi Ron,, and thanks for your kind comments, and that great pic, so glad you liked it.
YES that is a look a like:D :D :D :D :D
The doors on the heavy Traction also allowed the operators to pass from one to the other when they ran as a two or three set.
Also The Traction roads of old often converted coaches to motorised equipment. It was a far cheaper way of refurbishing.
Now that gives Chris:D :D :D :D A licence to mix and match when I build;)
Here is an old pic..
Sacramento Northern. with the similar front.;)
Have you a shot of the red unit behind Ron????She looks intresting to my eye:p

Attachments

• sn043.jpg
    sn043.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 309

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Hi Chris,

gladly I send you a pic of the second engine, an 'Electro-Pacific' so to speak! She was built in the '30s.

Her type designation Ae 3/6 II: A = Top speed 110 km/h (68 mph), e = electric, 3/6 = 3 of 6 axles powered, II = second series. Since she ran on a pass line here in my vicinity, she's got the nickname 'The Trimbach Cab-over-wheel lokey' :D :D :D

(There were two more series, Ae 3/6 I and III, but with different power arrangements for the driving wheels. This one is by far the most attractive of the three. She is run now and then as a 'museum machine' by the Swiss Federal Railways SBB.)

If you look closely you see the other one I posted before coupled behind her. Of course both photographs were taken at the same day when they pulled an electro-oldtimer excursion train.

BTW, the green one is a Re 4/4 I: R (Rapid) = Top speed 125 km/h (78 mph), e = electric, 4/4 = four axles, all powered, and I = first series.

Hope you enjoy this loco, too. She is one of my favorites - I just love engines with driving rods!

Ron

Attachments

• ae3-6ii.jpg
    ae3-6ii.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 282

Anachron

Dec 8, 2003
Sweden
good job :D

This thread reminds me of my local traction road

They are from the 30ies and had an effect of 260 kW and could run in 60-70km/h :)

Here is an X3p 35 and an X4p 37 :)

b5090020.jpg

Anachron

Dec 8, 2003
Sweden
found another one for u Chris :) :) :)

i didnt even now these things existed before my time on my local tracks :D

Attachments

• sl_9702_3080[1] copy.jpg
    sl_9702_3080[1] copy.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 260

Anachron

Dec 8, 2003
Sweden
This beauty is old
I think its from the 18 century!?!?! :eek: :eek:

observe the smallest of small rails that requierd that everything was specialy designed for for this railroad only :D

rb_2750.jpg