What Did Santa Bring?

IMRL393

Aug 7, 2001
Visit site
It WAS a Kadee box under the tree! (FELT like one!) With a Central of Georgia boxcar inside! From my mother-in-law, who, unlike the stereotypes, is a wonderful woman (like Mother, like Daughter - and Granddaughter, come to think of it).

Also got a RI "Centennial" boxcar (Athearn) to build and keep me busy!

Yes, It's a Wonderful Life ! :)

- George Bailey

(Who is a displaced Georgia Bulldog, in case you're wondering.)

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
I got a Kato SD80MAC, a Life-Like SW-9/1200 (I've always wanted one!), a stock car and tank car, and two Walthers kits (maintenance structures and the University Ave stores).

That SD80MAC is something else! I've never seen anything that runs like it. I'll post some pictures later.

-Rory

C

Catt

Cold hard cash! Got money from my honey (of 36 years) and my daughter to buy needed :D track supplies for the GVR.

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Greetings and Merry Christmas to all out there in trainland.

Santa showed up here last night and left me a great gift or two and something of a dilema. Santa brought me a beautiful Bachman Spectrum 4-8-2 Mountain engine in Southern Railroad colors. Although I don't run Southern I am a freelancer and can run what I please. My problem is that I would like to buy a set of passenger cars to compliment this beautiful engine, but really don't know what to get. What would be the proper or best era to buy. I can find several sets of heavyweights or more modern cars in the Walthers catalog(ue), all look great... but........

Also reveived an IHC caboose/track cleaner and a set of the UPRR "Oscar and Piker."

I'm away from home until tomorrow night so won't have a chance to "test" any of my newest toys until I return home tomorrow night.

Bob

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi gang,
I got a Barnhart Log Loader from my Son, always wanted one of these.
Apart from that, nothing else for my "Train set" only a vast array of tools to build the new Badger with, from my dear Wifey (Slave)

Shamus

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
OK...My turn...
I didn't get too much train stuff this year, but what I did get was good. Quality over quantity, I guess you could say.
I got a book that my brother-in-law found in an antique shop. It's called History Of The Iron Road. It's got hundreds of photos, & illustrations from all over the world, dating from the mid-1800's through the 1960's. I've already gotten a couple of ideas for projects, just thumbing through it.
And my sweetie, bless her heart, got me a $25 gift certificate from one of my local hobby "haunts".
Hope everyone has a great New Year!!
-Charlie-

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
I got a digital scale so now I can make sure all my rolling stock has the NMRA standard weight.
I also got a lighting circuit for my lighthouse. The light ramps up to bright then ramps down so it gives the effect of a turning light.
This lighthouse can be found at the port of Tayside on my M.A.T. model railroad

Well. Santa didn't bring me anything, but my father did get a 1955 Lionel train set running 'round the Christmas tree. He had one when he was a kid, but it was stolen while the familly was moving and he never got another to replace it until now. As for me, I had to be content with a run to a local N-only train shop in Colorado Springs. Found some used cars to fix up and a M/T 89' TOFC to play with. Santa doesn't know it, but I'm heading to another store tomorrow!:)

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Pressies

Well, I bought myself a present! The sister to Railroad Tycoon, RollerCoaster Tycoon! Well, roller coasters are sorta..... umm.... well.... trains!! :)

ANyone got Railroad Tycoon and want a game over the net???

Rollercoaster don't allow multiple players.:(

Not bad for a beginner!!

Attachments

• rollerresize.jpg
    rollerresize.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 91

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Shawnigan Lake, B.C. Canada
Visit site
Santa and the gang left me with an N Scale Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0, a Kato RDC 1/3 set in Canadian Pacific, a Con Cor coach for my "Canadian" and a Kaslo Shops H-16-44 Kit.
I also received, among other things, enough rye, cookies and other treats to keep me fat and happy (like i'm not already there) for a month.
Cheers!

Terry

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
* three new buildings - stockyard, church, farmhouse
* ROCK caboose (still need a VIA and SOO caboose to round out my caboose collection)
* kewl new big toolbox from my wife to hold all of my various bits (with some neat containers in the top that pull out when you want); also included a new toolkit (so I don't have to use my Gerber for everything), and a rock casting kit.
* some trees
* another hobby tool set, with all kinds of various pliers and snippers

So I did pretty well, although I was hoping for another locomotive of some point; oh well, the biggest train show in Canada is less than two months away.

Michael
http://www.heatherandmichael.com/recklessandveiled/

jimmybeersa

May 14, 2001
Alberton . South Africa
Hi Guys

Well all you LUCKY fat cats. No railway items for me this year. With our money at 15 Rand to the $ there was not much importing of goods into the hobby Shops.
But!!!!!! Santa works in strange ways....at a Xmas party I met an old guy who has been buying "N" gauge goodies for years, never opening them ,packing them on a shelf in his garage.hoping his son ,who is now 18 years old might show an interest. Needless to say he is only interested in "Girls " and Motorcycles. Well I got and invite to visit and browse through whats there
This saga will be continued.............

Overheard his wife say " hope you are going to get rid of all that clutter in the garage" MY MY

Have a HEALTHY HAPPY 2002

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Santa goof up!! I am now the proud owner of a Bachmann On21/2 gauge train set! What to do? I model in H.O. But, I do see some very interesting possibilities with this. Perhaps a 30" narrow gauge railroad set in Kentucky,West Virgina or Virgina around 1910.:confused: On top of that I also got a Atlas GP7 in Chessie.That is good I model the C&O, Chessie(C&O) set in 1979.