What Dear Abby doesn't know

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Dear Abby

I'm very worried about my son. I'm afraid he is getting into drugs and sex and he's only 14 years old. Lately he spends all his free time in the basement and when I overhear his phone conversations there is a lot of talk of reefers and mainlining! He may think I don't understand his hip slang, but I know a thing or two. Smoking pot is one thing but I shudder to think that my son may be a heroin addict. I'd ask if he has tracks but I'm afraid the answer would be yes.

He's also taken up with some girl that I think he met through this drug crowd. They seem to have gone way past the kissing and necking stage, and if my ears don't deceive me, he was actually bragging to a friend about coupling! I have yet to meet this girl, but I think her name is Katie or something like that. I am beyond horrified. I'm not sure how many times this has happened but I did hear him say Number 5.

The worst part is how the drugs have addled his brain. He will announce to me that he's going to work on the yard, but then he goes down to the basement again! I don't understand it. The leaves are piling up, and my son is on some chatroom comparing models. Aren't those girls way too old for him?

This crowd has a lot of secret lingo to disguise what they're really up to. I could go on, about secret meets, turnouts, switchers, pick-ups etc. but I think you get the idea. I'm at my wit's end here. What should I do?

signed
Desperate Mom

Dear Desperate Mom

Unfortunately, slipping into drugs and sex is all too common with today's youth. It's a sure sign of someone who doesn't have enough to occupy his free time. What your son needs is a hobby.

Abby

:D :D :D :D :D

Val

Status
Not open for further replies.