What Atlas said about their forum at the Seattle Show

RioGrande

Jun 10, 2004
basementdweller said:
When the Atlas forum is up and running I will check it out for sure, I learned a tremendous amount about all sorts of topics, alot of which I am incorporating into my new layout. The wealth of knowledge was amazing, and the quick response to questions was great. I ignored all the flame wars and I would not read any post that was posted by certain members.

I liked the layout of their forum as it made for a fluid forum and I found myself reading something about logging operations for example, where as on other forums logging operations may be a separate title so I may just skip over such stuff.
Allot of people criticize Atlas forums due to the ill behaving folks, but any forum with a high traffic in one or two sections is bound to have a share of bad apples. Add to that the fact the the moderators have other more pressing duties like running a model train company, so they can't "live" on the forum all the time to snuff out issues more quickly. I think it is still a fun place to hang, and I personally like how I can go to one place, the HO forum and see lots of traffic.