What are your favorite SiFi Film/series?

Spartacus

Feb 23, 2013
Scotland
Far too many to mention, and so instead of re-list things anything already posted I'd add - Predator 2, Silent Running, The Black Hole, A Boy and His Dog, Dark Star, Total Recall (first version), Invasion of the Body Snatches (all versions), Repo Man, The Hidden, John Carpenter's The Thing and They Live.

Millions more of course but that's a start at a contribution.

ducapacca

Feb 25, 2013
Well, the original Star wars are obviously on top of my list but i really like also 2001 space odyssey and alien or the planet of the apes

oh and blade runner, one of the best monologue ever

Diablo_Fire

Mar 3, 2013
Area 51
i always thought it would have been cool to have a sequel to the last starfighter. i mean yeah sure the bad guys were beaten, but the league was in shambles and they had to rebuild the frontier and they only had one starfighter. They could have at least followed up on it..

I agree I would love to see a sequal of this movie.

Diablo_Fire

Mar 3, 2013
Area 51
There are too many to mention.

Of course the Star Wars and Star Trek (both original and next gen)
Total Recal
Starship Troopers (first one only)
And many others

kevlary

Mar 20, 2013
Lincolnshire
Mine would have to be space above and beyond, shame they didnt make anymore, the new battlestar galacticas, as i thought the stories were realy well thought out and put together, and you cant beat good old startreck, icant think how many times i have watched them, they just dont age with time.

b0bman

Sep 3, 2008
wisconsin
misfits of science? one of the unsung series of the 80's. did anyone like the the series called "the dresden files"?

jherazob

Mar 25, 2008
misfits of science? one of the unsung series of the 80's. did anyone like the the series called "the dresden files"?
YES AND YES! :thumb:

Misfits of Science was awesome, a comedic take on X-Men style superpowers. Intro:
[YOUTUBE]WRZWKfeN1u4[/YOUTUBE]

The Dresden Files was very roughly based on the book series. The books are better (and so many to be yet written) but the series is charming and great.

jherazob

Mar 25, 2008
I have never seen it before, apart from one or two clips (i remember the toaster but i'm sure there's one or two more). It looks like i'd enjoy it but it was never accesible back then.

frontkammerater

Nov 13, 2013
Heres my list. Im adding some other categories wich i couldn left away

Best SciFi Movie: Star Wars Episode IV-VI. Terminator

Best SciFi Anime: SDF Macross and Neon Genesis Evangelion. They both have a great collection of mecha designs and a plot ready for a hollywood movie

Best SciFi Series: New BSG. Specially the two part chapter Exodus from season 3 wich is like a movie inide the series.

Best SciFi Video Game: Starcraft / Metal Gear / Fallout / Halo. Cant pick one, they are all great

best SciFi Books: Jack Campbell's The Lost Fleet Saga. Still have to read the last book Victorious, still unublished in my language

Best Fantasy Movie: Lord of the Rings. And hoping to put the hobbit in this list when its over

Best Fantasy Video Game: Final Fantasy VI, followed by almost all the PS1 RPG's. They dont make RPGs like that anymore :cry:

probablecylon

Aug 5, 2012
Battlestar Galactica. The remake, specifically. The original is fun(and I honestly love Galactica 1980, it makes me laugh so hard) but it's like a completely different series, and I like angst and drama and all that good stuff that comes with the remake. Also, I'm a *massive* fan of Michelle Forbes and thus Admiral Cain. The Pegasus arc is my absolute favorite.

Other than that, Star Trek TNG and DS9, Mass Effect, Alien. I also have developed a serious soft spot for Warehouse 13, although I'm not sure if it really qualifies as sci-fi.